Monday, March 2, 2009

March, Chicken Parmesan Fettuccine

I haven't yet said it, so Happy March!

I seem to have noticed over the past few days there's a lot of March birthdays ... and I'm pretty sure it's because March is a good month!! Ha, if you haven't guessed it, I also have a March birthday : ) So shout out to all of the other March birthdays! Anyone else's on the 18th??

Here's last nights dinner and dessert as promised ...

Chicken Parmesan Fettuccine

Ingredients:
-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
-4 oz whole-wheat spaghetti, linguine or fettuccine (I used Ezekiel Fettuccine)
-2 cups mixed frozen vegetables
-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
-1 tbsp sesame seed oil (or olive oil)
-your favorite tomato sauce (I made a tomato puree by blending together two tomatoes, chopped with some dried garlic, oregano, minced garlic and a little bit of ketchup)
-chopped mushrooms
-fresh ground black pepper to taste
-sea salt to taste

Directions:
-In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat up sesame oil and saute mushrooms for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through.
-In the meantime, cook pasta according to the package directions. Stir in veggies around 5 minutes before pasta is cooked.
-Drain pasta and veggies, leaving a little bit of water. Immediately add pasta and veggies to chicken mixture, tossing to combine. Add more of the pasta water, if desired.
-Top with desired amount of tomato sauce or puree, and Parmesan cheese, then enjoy!

The above bowl of pasta was mine and here was my husband's plate ... And for dessert we had Frozen Strawberry Cereal Bars. This recipe was adapted from a Frozen Berry Granola Bar recipe found in Clean Eating Magazine.

Ingredients:
-1 cup Original Ezekiel cereal (or your cereal of choice)
-2- 2 1/2 cups fresh chopped strawberries
-2 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
-1/4 cup agave nectar
-1 tsp real vanilla extract

Directions:
-Using an 8-inch baking pan, sprinkle the cereal on the bottom and set aside.
-Using a blender, blend together strawberries, yogurt, nectar, and vanilla.
-Pour the blended mixture over the cereal, cover with foil and freeze until firm. Keep frozen until serving.

Unfortunately I don't have a very appealing picture of these, but here's the best I've got. And I promise they taste better than this makes them look!
Tune in tomorrow for Turkey-Bean Tacos.

Hope you all have a great Monday night/Tuesday!!
Don't forget to give me a shout out if you have a March birthday! ; )


25 comments:

  1. Today was my brother's birthday :-) Hooray for March birthdays!!

    LOOOOVE those cereal bars!!


    Night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your dinner and dessert! so creative! :D
    I'll definitely make some too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My birthday is the 18th! ..... of April! :)

    I love those bars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yayyyy march!!

    food looks fab, of course. turkey-bean tacos sound like something to DEFINITELY look forward to! mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fabulous!

    PS- Yep, the list of harmful foods for your dog came from HG this morning. I love those daily emails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both the pasta and the bars sound awesome! I hope you rhusband is loving all this awesome cooking ;) Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy night that looks amazing. You're killing me with all of this yummy food. I don't think I could do as well, I'm not the greatest cook!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for March bdays :) I'm on the 13th! Your pasta looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had a lot of birthdays in February :) Chicken Parmesan Fettuccine sounds excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the weather warms up for you!!! Happy March to you too! Yay for Birthday's:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chicken Parm! Love the stuff. Your really good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG Im so glad you said that- i completely forgot is was a friends of mine's birthday this weekend!

    Kelly Turner
    www.everygymsnightmare.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. those frozen cereal bars sound so interesting! i really want to try and make them myself. yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was wondering what those cereal bars were all about! They sound delicious!

    I love your dinner and that you incorporated so many veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love chicken parm!

    And I think April b-days are pretty darn rockin' - but that's maybe because it's when mine is ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh those cereal bars look cool! how yummy! and that chicken parm too. youre such a good cook!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That chicken parm looks fantastic!

    Happy Birthday on the 18th! I'm a June baby so I've still got awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have to try those frozen bars. They look soooo good. Any chance you have the nutritional info?

    ReplyDelete
  19. My birthday is on the 13th!! :D March is a good month!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just found your blog - I love it! Your dinner looks fan-freaking-tastic. And March b-days, represent! I'm the 16th, my brothers are the 4th and 12th and my best friend is the 18th - like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want to try that dessert! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. thanks so much for posting the recipe for the frozen cereal bars! the look and sound absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections