Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hummus Turkey Burgers

Good day!

Where did all the nice weather go??? It's not here!

For dinner last night we had Hummus Turkey Burgers. Yes, they taste as good as they sound ; ) I had some hummus in the fridge already and here's the recipe I used (but I used regular chickpeas, as we didn't have any sprouted at the time). What you will need:
-Hummus of your choice
-Lean ground turkey meat
-Your favorite burger toppings
-Whole Wheat bread or buns

Directions:
-Mix together 1lb. raw ground turkey meat with 1/4 cup hummus
-Form mixture into 4 patties and season with your favorite seasonings. (I like to use Mrs. Dash's Garlic & Herb, onion powder, and some pepper)
-Cook on grill or skillet until done (We use our trusty George Foreman)
-Top with your favorite burger toppings This burger is on 2 slices of toasted Ezekiel bread with sliced tomatoes, rice cheese, lettuce, red peppers, and low carb ketchup on it, served with my favorite ... Brussels!

For dessert, a creation of my husband's ... Warm Cacao Peanut Butter AppleIngredients:
-1 apple, chopped
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
-1 1/2 teaspoons almond milk
-1 Tablespoon peanut butter or nut butter of your choice
-1/2 Tablespoon cacao powder
-1/2 Truvia packet

Directions:
-Put chopped apple in microwaveable safe bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon.
-Microwave a minute and a half
-Add almond milk, peanut butter, cacao powder, and sweetener, stir together and enjoy!

In other news, I've lately felt kind of like I'm in a workout slump, and yet lately I've been really wanting to workout more. However, I want to have a goal in mind so I can stay motivated and see results. So I've decided to set a goal to really tone myself up. So my wonderful husband is putting together a meal/workout plan for me and I'm very excited to get started!! My diet isn't changing much, basically just adding more carbs and protein. Why am I doing this?? Mostly, because it sounds like a fun challenge and I feel like a challenge!


And the quote for today ...

"People travel to wonder at the height of the mountains, at the huge waves of the seas, at the long course of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars, and yet they pass by themselves without wondering."
-St. Augustine

May your Wednesday be filled with everything good! : )

38 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I've been looking for dinner ideas this week, and I think this one is a keeper. Thanks so much for the inspiration, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that quote. :) I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday too, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely quote. It's so true that sometimes we're so focus on what we do on our daily routinary life that we forget to appreciate the small beauties around us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay- just know that I wrote down both of these recipes!!! I can't wait to try the apple one!! I am SO sad that I just ate my dessert :( Oh well, tomorrow!
    I am excited to see how this new workout/diet goes! I would love to have someone give me a new workout schedule!!!!
    Have a wonderful night...oh and I love that quote, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lesley, This gives me a great idea!! I think the next time I make my pumpkin chick pea burgers I am going to put some HUMMUS into the mix! OMGosh, I think that might add a whole new flavor!!! YUM!
    Your Burgers do look good for NON-Veggie burgers! The apples.. oh yeah!
    Leslie
    LeslieVeg@msn.com
    http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hummus on burgers sounds great! I might have to try it with tofu/veggie burger. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Burgers look wonderful. I actually put turkey burgers on next weeks menu alreday because I've been craving them!

    Your apple combo reminds me of my banana mash combo-I never thought to try it with apple but I am sure it is just as fabulous.

    What a sweet quote; thanks for always making me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear ya with the workout slump! I hope your new program is just the thing to get you re-energized. I'm hoping my motivation will return a bit once we get through all the intense heat. It really wears me out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so good! I love hummus, I could eat it all day and never get tired of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The burgers look really good! How creative!

    I love that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea for healthy burgers? The Foreman is the best. And great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow that burger looks grrrreat! Great job, once again my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, that is sooooo good lookin', I want one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great burger idea. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. um seriously, im stuff from my dinner but am drooling over yours!! those burgers look SO GOOD!! your so creative, i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bet this would be great with a veggie burger!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lesley! How I've missed you:)
    Dinner looks awesome as usual! What a great hubby! Getting your exercise and eating plan all together! how convenient:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That apple mix sounds amazing! I hear you on the workout slump.. i need to change things up soon! Good luck with your new plan! I cant wait to hear about it! Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mmm, the burgers and the apples sound awesome! I'm going to have to remember those, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW what yummy eats you had. I love the idea of mixing hummus in with turkey- I had never thought to do that! The cooked apple looks heavenly as well :) SUPER awesome post girl

    ReplyDelete
  21. gosh girl all of your food always looks SO AMAZING! youve got some skillllls. thanks for the sweet post, i really appreciate the support!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That burger looks so delicious! I love turkey burger!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the idea of adding hummus in the turkey burger and Warm Cacao Peanut Butter Apple looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think there is something wrong with me, cause i just dont like hummus. I dont know why

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't wait to hear more about your workout plan and how it goes. It's always so fun to set a challenge/goal and work toward it.

    I also really love that quote. It's so true because we are the greatest of all God's creations!

    You've really made me want to try brussels, but I've never had them before. Do you just steam them and then eat them whole?

    ReplyDelete
  26. that's a freaking FAT sandwich you've got there! exactly my kind of sammie!
    sounds like a fun challenge, esp since you've got the support of your hubby! good luck in that! can't wait to see your six-pack abs! hahaha~

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mmmmmm!! I wouldn't have thought to do a turkey burger on toasted Ezekial bread - good idea! And nice quote, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I absolutely love all your quotes! and that is such a great idea to mix in the hummus - looks delish! =)

    ReplyDelete
  29. These burgers look great and easy - right up my alley! thanks for the recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  30. That dinner is making me hungry already! Thanks for the well wishes on the basement! Also, I made the cereal bars and they turned out great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  31. hummus is good in ANYthing and EVERYthing. word!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Those hummus turkey burgers look soooo good. I'll have to try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yummy recipes. Good luck with your workout challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  34. OH MAN i totally had this combo, but inside a wrap inside - and including those brussel sprouts! hahahah

    Yours somehow looks yummier than mine though! hmmm why is that??? I gotta try improving mine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  35. The brussel sprouts look DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections