Monday, March 9, 2009

Simplicity

Hey everyone! As you can tell I've added some tabs to the side of my blog so you should check them out if you haven't already : ) (I've also discovered if you're using IE, it cuts part of the writing off and I don't have a clue why! So this is why you should all use Mozilla! haha)

How was your Monday? Mine felt dreary. It's cloudy and rainy outside and I've had a a little headache all day. Buuut, that's okay, I'm still smiling : ) I didn't get to workout this morning because my husband's car is being fixed so I had to drop him off at work, which meant I didn't have time. But I'm feeling a workout mode coming on so hopefully I can hit it harder than I have been for awhile. (Of course it helps when I'm in the mood. Why sometimes I am way more than others, I don't know, I can't seem to control these things. But when I am in the mood, I'm glad!)

My wonderful Erik cooked me a very yummy dinner last night of Chicken whole-wheat Fettucine. (note some of my new dishes and serving bowls;) We put some greek yogurt (my husband's great idea) and parmesan cheese on top and it tasted SO good. It made it creamy like alfredo but was MUCH healthier. Now I'm home for a few minutes drinking tea and eating a snack of an apple, some carrots and a few almonds. (It should be noted that I microwaved the apples for a minute with cinnamon sprinkled on them and then added a half a pack of Truvia onto them ... mmm!) Hopefully my tea will help my headache to subside. Maybe the time change is just still affecting me. I've gotta run and pick up Erik and then we're going to do our taxes ... yay! haha.

See you all later! : )

**Be sure to check out Kelly's second-chance giveaway!!

Also, my sweet blogging friend Candice tagged me with some awards today (thanks, Candice:), and I will be showing you those later : )

24 comments:

  1. LOOOOOOOVELY dinner!!

    Ahh hang in there!! Hope your headache is 100% gone soon!! It's definitely from the time change - that messed my body up as well :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all is well, and oh yes to Mozilla. Love your eats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pasta looks so goooooood! It's amazing how much Greek yogurt can do with it's creaminess!
    I hope your headache goes away! Have a wonderful night :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea using the Greek yogurt for an alfredo tyoe sauce, I'll have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww what a great dinner and how nice of your husband to make it! I love the dishes too, you always have the cutest dishware!

    Sorry your monday is dreary, but at least you are still smiling, and THAT is why I love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww what a lovely man you have. And i LOVE all those plates!! The colors make me so happy!!!
    You're totally right by the way, Mozilla ROCKS the socks off IE. heheheh Hope you've had a great Monday so far!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agree, working out is a thousand times better when you are in the mood! the time change is still affecting me too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! I super love your dishes! They are adorable. I totally dig your new tabs too. I need to figure out how to add these. Your husbands story is wonderful. You guys are so cute! I wish we lived close to one another- we'd totally hang out

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dishes and the pasta looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pasta looks so good!

    I love your new dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely dinner!
    hope your headache goes away soon! i don't know if it's the changing time or it's about time for my energy breakdown, i felt terrible this afternoon too!
    Anyway, hope we feel better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the tabs!!!! i just spent a good 15 minutes checking out everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your new dishes and the pasta! I spent my Monday morning making 10 batches of cookie dough at my daughter's pre-school!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, sweet hubby dinner! It looks delicious, and I love the plates!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute new dishes! Sorry about your dreary day, I hope your headache feels better! Your dinner looks so good, what a good husband!

    Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I definitely have to try this Truvia stuff...seems like everyone is using it now! Great healthy dessert idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How nice that your husband made you dinner! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i use IE and it looks great (not cut off)...just thought you should know

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the idea of adding greek yogurt to the pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I adore whole wheat pasta! That snack looks really good too...I'll have to try putting them in the microwave next time. Great idea

    ReplyDelete
  21. woohoo tabs! and thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry about the dreary Monday... but at least your pasta looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lesley, I truly love your blog!! We have a lot in common!! Our love for God, Husband and health!! My husband also is a competitive bodybuilder! We live our lives for the Glory of God! Do you mind if I add you to my blogroll?

    Thanks!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  24. ooh, thanks for posting the dishes! Orange is such a great color.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections