Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Honey Mustard Glazed Mahi Mahi and Roasted Veggies

Good day to you all!

Weird that this week is already halfway over ... where does the time go?

I realized that when posting my food and dinners I really haven't been writing down the actual recipes (minus the past few days), and for my own reference and others, I'm going to start doing that more often. (Ha, but not everyday like recently ... I'm just in the mood lately!)

Last night's dinner was Honey Mustard Glazed Mahi Mahi Fillets over Roasted Vegetables Mahi Mahi Fillets:
-After letting them defrost in the fridge overnight, marinate in honey-mustard marinade in the fridge for a couple hours prior to cooking, either in a bowl, or a plastic bag.
-Over low to median heat, cook fillets in a pan over stove top until done (when starts to easily flake apart)
Marinade:
- Mixture of honey mustard, dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, sesame seeds, and a little bit of olive oil


Roasted Vegetables
(before):

Ingredients:
-Olive oil cooking spray
-3 cups chopped Brussel sprouts
-1 large zucchini chopped
-Half of large red bell pepper chopped
-Half of large tomato
-Sesame seeds
-Sea salt, to taste
-Pepper, to taste
-1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
-1/2 tbsp olive oil

Directions:
-Preheat oven at 425 degrees and mist baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray
-Spread veggies out onto baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
-Roast for around 25 minutes tossing once or twice
-(In the meantime I heated up some premade brown rice in a large bowl that we had in the fridge already)
-When veggies are done, transfer to the large bowl with rice in it, add tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil and toss and sprinkle sesame seeds over top And dessert was a Frozen Strawberry Cereal Bar leftover from the other day (we're still finishing them off) : ) And last but not least, Thursday (the 5th) is my friend from work's birthday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JENN!! : ) (she's nice and reads my blogs ;)

Aaand the forecast for Thursday is a high of 67 degrees and I'm THRILLED!!!

A couple reminders: Don't forget to turn your recipes in for the blogger cookbook by the 15th! (ha, I'm reminding myself, too, because I still haven't done so ... but, Abbie, they're coming soon! ; )

--Olga at Healthing It is having a sweet giveaway in celebration of her new and improved site in which you get to create your own cereal from [ME] & Goji ... how cool is that??

--Angela at Oh She Glows is haveing a giveaway of Jillian Michael’s 30-Day Shred Workout DVD

32 comments:

  1. FAAAABULOUS roasted vegetables; and I'm still loving that cereal bar!! :-)

    High of 20°F here - enjoy the warmer weather for me, please!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those roasted veggies look great! Yay for good weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gah that sounds AMAZING
    the veggies are to die for
    not to mention that dessert ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm that looks delish!!! And this week is soaring zooming by!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh..roasted veggies!! I love them but can't remember last time I had them! :D

    gorgeous dessert~~~~ when I make some space in my freezer I'll make them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing! I love the combo of honey mustard on fish. I just wish I could get the husband to enjoy it too, he hates mustard in any form. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for your recipes! Thanks for the shout out and reminding everyone! It is turning out great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow the cereal bar looks amazing.

    The weather here is totally unpredictable today. One minute it was sunny and clear skies then it snowed for about 5mins then it was sunny again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mahi mahi and veggies look amazing!

    I'm excited about the warmer weather too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. PINK!!! how lovely :)

    your dinner plate looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mahi-Mahi sounds absolutely fantastic with honey mustard glaze! Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all the great little info with the blogging world lesley! I'm so glad you are going to get some warmer weather! Woohoo for that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmm, that mahi-mahi sounds really good. I love honey-mustard!

    "Instead of the mahi-mahi, could I just have the one mahi because I'm not very hungry!"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dinner looks so great! i love mahi mahi! And those cereal bars looks fabulous too!

    Enjoy your great weatehr! We are supposed to get snow all weekend and its already started tonight!

    Oh and about yoga.. if you want to try, I would check out yogadownload.com and do some of the free 20 minute classes. The Hatha ones are for very beginners and thats what I started with. Now I am hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Mahi Mahi, It's so amazing. I actually caught one deep sea fishing one summer and felt so bad afterward, but it was really good to eat that night!

    I've never had brussel sprouts, not sure why, but I will definitely have to try them. Thanks for sharing your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the roast veggies "before" pic--food can be so pretty, can't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. GREAT din din- you know i love me some roasted veggies :) Thanks for all the great links! Have a good Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ive only made mahi mahi once and it was really easy- i was kind of suprised

    Kelly Turner
    www.everygymsnightmare.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, Lesley! I don't like fish, but I will try your honey mustard glaze on some chicken breasts! Thanks for sharing!! I heart your face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. the mahi-mahi marinade sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. you have been a cooking QUEEN lately! i love all your meals youve been putting together :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my goodness mahi mahi is my FAVE and that looks so good. Will you please just come live with me and cook for me every night :)

    You are so sweet my dear and always leave the nicest comments, just wanted to let you know that you always brighten my day! love you tons <33

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love roasted veggies! Looks like a delicious meal!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Okay, I have to try these cereal bars!

    Good job on the meal. Even the presentation looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Linked your blog to mine! Wahoo! I was worried the makeover was a little much... I guess it just has to grow on me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. this looks so good! I love anything and everything honey mustard flavored =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Uh...YUM! I haven't ever cooked fish with Honey Mustard before but I will now!

    ReplyDelete
  28. oh my gosh YUMM!! What a great idea!! I'm going to try to make my bf this, but he hates mustard...so did you think your fish was really mustardy or was is just...sort of a nice background taste?

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is going on my list of must try meals! Do you have a recipe for the frozen cereal bar? It looks like such a great treat! I wnat to thank you. My husband and I have slowly been trying to eat better and when i found your blog, well, you inspired me to try new thinsg. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That frozen cereal bar looks great! I love ANYTHING with cereal. We've been having temperatures in the sixties too...its so nice isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections