Thursday, March 26, 2009

City Market

Good day to you all!! : )

This week has been flying by! (But I guess I'm okay with that?)

By the response from my last post, it looks like we are all VERY ready for Summer produce!! The thought of all those fresh berries, melons, and garden veggies make my mouth water!
While we were in Kansas City this weekend for my birthday weekend we stopped by City Market. As their website says "the City Market has been one of the largest and most enduring public farmers' markets in the Midwest ... in addition, more than thirty full-time merchants are open year-round and offer specialty foods, fresh meats and seafood, restaurants and cafes, floral, home accessories and much more".

I've only been there a few times and walked around, but I seem to like it more and more each time I go and I'm definitely excited to go back more this summer. (It's about 50 minutes away from us). Here are some random pictures while we were there this past weekend ...And tonight I didn't feel like cooking and my husband was super tired, and I was craving sushi. So we just went to one of our local grocery stores and got some sushi (though it's not the greatest tasting sushi in the world and it's kind of fake sushi, it satisfied my sushi craving) ... There's not much of a choice there so we got California rolls and some squid salad. I was a little leery about the squid salad but ended up thinking it was pretty tasty.
What are you plans for the weekend??

I don't really know that we have any, and I'm glad!!

And before I go, I have neglected to mention something! Lately, I have really been overwhelmed with kindness from a few bloggers who have given me awards and I've been terrible and forgotten to mention them all! So ... here they all are and THANK YOU for making each day a little brighter for me!! : ) I continually am amazed at how nice and wonderful you all are! Who knew you could "meet" such nice people like this! (** keep in mind these are over a period of weeks, I'm not as popular or cool is it may appear by lumping these all together on one post, I promise! ; )

First off, Sophia at Burp & Slurp passed onto me the Lemonade Cheers AwardSecondly, Candice at brand new sidewalk passed along to me two awards (they came in a package together;)
Next, Kristy at the wicked noodle and Helen at Helen's Journey both passed the Sisterhood Award
And last bBoldut not least, Olga at Mango & Tomato passed onto me the Friends Award. So, thank you all again, I really appreciate all the love! : )

Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.
-C.S. Lewis-

40 comments:

  1. LOVE THE FRESH MARKET GOODNESS!!!

    Fabulous awards!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that squid salad looks fab!! I'm so ready for summer produce...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see a glance of the city market. Too bad, I didn't get a chance to visit it when I was in Kansas City.

    Congratulations for your awards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great to not have to cook every once in a while? Looks like you guys had a fabulous sushi din din! That market sounds awesome, I cannot wait until our fresh markets open back up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the awards, I cannot think of a better recipient!

    The market looks awesome. I really wish we had them here in nowheresville, IL.

    Also, last time I went for sushi, I got squid salad, but I wasn't sure what it was. Now I know, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally feel the same way about summer produce! We've been getting tons of strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries here. I can't wait for all the summer veggies too...it makes me wish I had a garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh lesley you totally deserve all those awards!
    farmers markets look SO fun! i must go to one soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You totally deserve all those awards Lesley!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for my markets to open! That one looks very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love farmers markets! My dad and I share a common passion for the fabulous art of farmers market shopping. We have a fairly large market about 40 min from my house that is in the heart of Amish country. (Lancaster, PA)
    We always take off a day every summer to hit up the market all day and have a BLAST.

    You are so deserving of all of your great awards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just discovered your beautiful blog via the foodie blogroll, and I'm so glad I did! Your posts are so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love farmer's markets in the summer! I can't wait until there is more produce available!

    Congrats on all your awards! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love vising farmers markets but in our area only run May through October. I can't wait! Sushi sounds good, I may just convince my husband to have some tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so over winter produce. The sushi looks delicious, I think I need to get some this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay produce! Congrats on the awards - you totally deserve them :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That berry picture has me craving summer and berries so bad now! i cant wait for the warm weather to come so I can hit our Farmers MArket. I have never been but Ive heard its great.

    You deserve all those awards!! Youre so great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow those are some fun and fabulous awards :) I can't wait for summer, too! There are some great strawberries out already!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i looooove fresh produce! it makes me so happy :)

    yay for the awards! you are so fab, lesley :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on all of the awards! You definitely deserve them my friend ;)

    And don't you just love going to farmer's market! They have the best produce! I need to go more often! They have such a better selection than the grocery store.

    Sushi is so yummy. We haven't had sushi since we moved to Germany. Boy do I miss it!

    Have you have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm from St. Joseph too but I've never seen squid salad but I think it would be extremely interesting! What store did you find it? :) I enjoy your blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love fresh fruit and produce from the farmer's market. Just a few more months, and ours will finally open.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahhhh, yes - so excited for fruits and tons of veggies! Those berries look amazing.

    I eat the "fake" sushi too, lol. Hey - when you want it fast, it's not a bad option!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love, love, love fresh berries. It's one of my favorite things about summer. So refreshing!

    Congrats on all of the awards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love shopping at the markets. All the fresh fruits and vegetables! For the times I cant get to the market though I order food from www.foodsoftheweb.com. They have a wonderful selection of all different kinds of gourmet foods!

    ReplyDelete
  25. great market...congrats on the awards...well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What fun... a farmers market!! I need to find one near me. I bought some strawberries and blueberries at the grocery store yesterday and they basically don't taste like anything. :( Congrats on all your awards, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The City Market looks amazing! We live in Oklahoma so the next time we swing up to KC for a getaway weekend we will have to look that place up! Have a fantastic weekend of no plans, those are the very best, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love markets like that! I could walk around that thing all day!

    I can't wait for the farmers market by my house to open which I think is at the end of April, so coming soon!

    I have no plans this weekend, so I am excited about that!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats on all of your awards! I can't WAIT for my local farmer's market to open - so soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh i love your market photos!you and your sushi! congrats on all the awards as well!

    ReplyDelete
  31. congrats on ALL your awards! you deserve every single one of them plus 100 more :) you are wonderful and your blog brightens my days :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love farmers markets! City market sounds really cool.

    Congrats on all the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really want those berries! They look so good! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have been to that Market in KC before (almost every summer) and it is SOOOO awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  35. Totally ready for summer produce!! Watermelon, hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  36. That farmer's market looks incredible. There's one about 30 minutes from us, but it only runs May to October. I'm so ready for it to reopen. Congrats on all your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love all the fresh produces in spring and summer!!! Love love love them all!!!~~~
    congrats on all those awards! You're great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love visiting farmers markets! That one you went too look pretty neat!

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. wow! you actually tried squid? it's my dad's fav, but I actually find them pretty tough to chew. chew chew, chew, spit. haha.
    I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER BERRIES!!! LOVE farmer markets too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections