Friday, March 20, 2009

POM, Roses, and Giant Brussels

HAPPY HAPPY WEEKEND! : )

You guys are great. I said I felt like I was talking about my birthday too much and you all told me I could, so thanks, haha! : )


So I ended yesterday's post with a picture of some roses. Those roses, are in fact the roses Erik gave me for my birthday : ) Even though we're celebrating this weekend and I get to go shopping, he still surprised me (when I sort of disappointingly) thought I wasn't getting anything on the actual day of my birthday (and that's the way we had planned it). He even
waited until late at night when all my hope was gone, haha, and while we were at youth group he had his mom bring them over to our house and sit them in "my spot" next to my laptop on the kitchen table where I always sit. I'm so blessed and thankful for him!
In other news, I came home to a package today from POM Wonderful!! (I love packages: )Thanks, Molly at POM and thanks, POM! You can expect my review of POM Wonderful pomegranate juice sometime next week. I already used some POM to make a VERY tasty dinner tonight ... so check back!This post is rather random and really has no point, so I apologize for that. I almost didn't even post tonight but I'm going to be out of town this weekend (It's my birthday weekend, woo hoo!!!!:) ... so I just couldn't be "away" that long!

Okay, one last thing ... did anyone know that Brussels can be this huge?? (**note: two "regular" sized Brussels vs. two giant ones)

Ha, Erik and I were at the grocery store and looked at where the Brussels normally are and I see these huge Brussels with the normal ones and I just had to get some! I wonder what the these looked like on the stalks and how huge the stalks must have been?!?! Ha, this is one of the many reasons I just love Brussels!

I'll be back in a couple of days. I'm very excited for this weekend ... I don't know what all we're doing because Erik likes to surprise me and I like surprises but he told me I'll love it and I believe him!! : )

So, until then ... hope you all have a happy, blessed and lovely Spring weekend!

"Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave."
-Martin Luther
-

29 comments:

  1. Gorgeous roses; fabulous POM package; lovin' the big-ass brussels!! :-D

    Enjoy your surprise this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous roses!!!
    who knew brussels sprouts could be so large!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWWHHHH so sweet!!! And whoa brussel sprouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I hope you have an amazing weekend together!
    Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are HUGE Brussels!! No one loves Brussels Sprouts more Than The Leslie's, Lesley's!!!

    Can't wait to see whatcha gonna do with the POM juice!!! It is so good for you!!!
    Leslie
    LeslieVeg@msn.com
    http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, what pretty roses! Hope you enjoy your surprise weekend!

    Attack of the mega brussels! Scary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what beautiful roses and those are HUUUUUUGE brussels! have a WONDERFUL weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great weekend, Lesley! Those are pretty roses. What a sweet husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. those flowers are gorgeous!!
    I love brussels sprouts too, but I tend to stick to the frozen ones. the fresh ones never come out good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww, yay for surprises!! hope your weekend is so fab, i expect you to give lots of details :)

    i have never had brussel sprouts, ever! i'll have to find some and give them a try. mmm. love veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely roses and gigantic sprouts! love both!
    looking forward to see what Erik has prepared for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those brussel sprouts are huge! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. muahha I totally would have said HOLY COW that is a huge brussel sprout if i didn't konw that apparently brussel sprouts are part of the cabbage family!!! I saw this on iron chef, so compared to cabbages and bak choy's, that guys is tiny! ahahahah :P

    And yayyy love the flowers!! Even though I'm not much of a flower girl. heeheh

    ReplyDelete
  14. Birthday weekends are a blast(and I should know)! Enjoy!!

    Awwwww, beautiful roses for a beautiful gal!!

    Cute quote!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet hubby! Over and over he proves it!

    Im excited to see what you do with your POM becasue I just got some too and havent decided what to do with it!

    Hope you have a great weekend celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a wonderful birthday weekend! I can't wait to hear everything that you guys did!

    I've never had POM but I keep hearing great things about it.... I should definitely give it a try.

    Ok, those Brussel sprouts are HUGE! Again, I've never had brussels in my life, it's time to try new things ;)

    HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweetie he is! Have so much fun this weekend :) Can't wait to hear a full report!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, the roses are lovely! Hope you have an awesome weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, amazingly huge brussles! they will fit very nicely in my tummy. :-)
    such beautiful roses...your hubby is so sweet! so were your comments on my blog...thank you, you so cheered me up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you have the greatest weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have fun this weekend! We will miss you:) I LOVE The gigantor Brussels sprouts! I think they might be my fav veggie!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beauitful bunch of roses. And, i got a pack of POM juices too, they are good. Looking forward to seeing what you made with it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. those are some mutant brussels sprouts!! and packages totally make my day :) but those roses... they may take the 'cake' ;-) especially making you wait for them!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE brussels!! lately they have been HUUUUUUGE!!!

    i love the golden crusted brussels recipe at 101cookbooks.com - try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on a great husband and pretty roses! :)
    All I got were the 8 bottles of POM...lol

    ReplyDelete
  26. How sweet about the roses! They're beautiful!

    Enjoy the POM. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections