Thursday, March 5, 2009

Purple Monster & Apples Galore!

HAPPY FRIDAY! : )

Hooray for another weekend! Thanks so much for all the comments and feedback lately, you are all wonderful, and shout out to all my newest blogging friends!! : )

I found out today that my parents are coming down this weekend. I haven't seen them since Christmas so I'm excited! (We live 6 hours away from each other). Therefore, I will probably not be around the blogging world very much this weekend ... but I'll do my best to keep up with your blogs (just don't get mad at me if I don't comment much this weekend ; ).

So, yesterday I decided to make a green monster with some flowering kale ... and since some of the leaves are pink/purple it ended up being a purple monster!! haha.
I used almond milk, little bit of water, flowering kale, a banana, and 2 packets of Truvia. This is my first time using kale, and it was really good! Problem is, I drink these right up way too fast! haha.

So today as I was picking up the kitchen, I noticed some of our apples going bad so I decided to make something with them. I just kinda threw somethin' together not knowing how it would turn out. Basically, I just chopped up four apples, mixed them with about a cup of original Ezekiel cereal, some agave nectar, some almond milk, and some cacao nibs and baked it for about 25 minutes. It turned out too dry, but would taste very good with some greek yogurt!

So, how many apples is too many to have in a household of two people??? haha. We have this habit of buying a bunch of apples when they're on sale and apparently they've been on sale a lot lately because we ended up with way too many! I'm not even sure how it happened. But as I was going through apples, here's the pathetic outcome of apples in our house ...Plus ...Plus one more bag just like the white one above equals approximately ... 65 apples! Ha, I had no idea we had that many until I actually roughly counted. (Though I must add Erik typically eats around 4 apples a day and I eat at least 2, sometimes 3 ... therefore, they will not go to waste!)

I told Erik to guess how many he thought we had and he said "30" ... ha, just a little off ; ) Good thing we both love apples!

Here's a random quote for the day that I liked ...

"It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves. "
Andre GideFrench critic, essayist, & novelist (1869 - 1951)


In giveaway news, Erica at Itzy's Kitchen is giving away some homemade Cinnamon Sweet Bread in honor of her one year blogging anniversity ... yum!

And just out of curiosity ... What's your absolute favorite fruit?

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Friday and weekend ... sorry if I'm not around much! : )

37 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a lot of apples! I love the dish you came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love apples! Apples are the best go-to snack for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. apples are my fave fruit FOR SURE. dried fruit, on the other hand, is a totally different story...

    you have enough apples to make cobbler for an army!!! haha.

    have fun with your parents this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEHE...we always have a lot of apples around our house too!! When they start getting soft mom just makes sugar free sauce. Hands down apples have got to be my favorite fruit, I've eaten one a day for ALONG time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great weekend with your parents! I have some apples that need to be used up too! I love to chop them and add some cinnamon and microwave for a couple of minutes. It tastes like apple pie filling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wooooooo...... that's really a loading up on apples!!! I love apples, they're so tasty, healthy and easy to take to anywhere. But.... 65?? I've never seen that much before! :D
    maybe you could make more baking goodies before they go bad.
    And so glad that you'll meet your parents..it's always nice to see them and be with them! :)
    my fav fruit? apple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I buy a TON of fruit and especially apples too! I eat at least one apple a day, they just never seem to get old. I would have to say that the quintessential apple would be my favorite if I had to choose, but that is hard because I am in love with almost all fruits.
    Have a wonderful weekend with your parents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely smoothie and snack!!

    Yep, my dad and I both eat 1 apple each day, so we have tons of apples in the fridge too, haha :-D


    **Favorite fruit = cherries. Cannot WAIT until they're in season here!!


    HAPPY FRIDAY, DEAR LESLEY!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My fav fruit would be strawberries or blueberries, but I eat apples more than any other fruit (although it would take me a while to get through 65 apples, it's a pity it's not halloween, you could do some apple bobbing)
    Enjoy your weekend with your parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy apple dish! I love apples and pears too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh- I LOVE APPLES! I eat one or two....a day. They are my daily breakfast with a good mount of pb melted in the microwave :) YUM! Thanks for the shout out! Picking a favorite fruit is tough- obviously day to day I love apples but I also love pinapple, mango, grapes, raspberries!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I eat about an apple a day, so each week, I buy five or six at the grocery store. (I cut them in half--sometimes I only eat one-half per day.)

    65?!? That's so intense!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the purple monster!

    You're crazy with apples! If any squeeze by you and do get too soft you could always make an apple cobbler!

    Have fun with your parents this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy apples! Very creative little apple bake--I am sure Greek or frozen yogurt would make it even better :D
    Enjoy your weekend with the parents!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, that is a lot of apples!! your so funny.

    my favorite fruit lately is blueberies, but it changes all the time. have fun with your parents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a TON of apples! The purple monster is great - love colorful stuff like that.

    My favorite fruit (right now) is blueberries. I love them in oatmeal, yogurt, smoothies - everything.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG!! I can't believe you have so many apples! :-) And I thought I had a lot. They are my fave fruit at the moment. I have been having one after dinner every night as a snack - along with a hard boiled egg. Have fun with the family! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is A LOT of apples. I'm so picky about mine. They have to be really crisp or I won't eat them fresh.

    Have a great time with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite fruit is mango and pineapple. I love them. I eat them with a Mexican chili powder we have in TX. It is delicious that way. It sets off the sweet in the fruit. I love the color of your purple monster.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i need to come to your house! il ove me some apples!!! have a great time this weekend with your fam :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yum! I love apples! I think I am more of a veggie lover than a fruit lover. I like apples, pineapple, strawberries, kiwis, blackberries...wait...maybe I do like fruit ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Les.. that looks YUM!
    I LOVE Honey Crisp apples which are only around for a short time in the Fall and winter... have you tried them??? soooo YUM!!!

    Do you use Low Fat Vanilla Almond Breeze? That is so good also! That is what I use and it is my favorite. I also use Stevia.

    I am not sure why I am not in LOVE with Kale. I tried it a few times and the texture was awful. It never softened up and it just made me gag. Any suggestions??
    Your Blog always Gives me LOTS of ideas!
    Have a super super weekend!
    Leslie
    LeslieVeg@msn.com
    http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. omg thats a lot of apples!!
    the purple monster looks so much more appetizing than the green version.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love apples! I have to have one every day!! If you need help eating them just let me know:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOL @ all those apples. We go through a lot, but not quite THAT many.

    ReplyDelete
  26. yum yum yum these seems delicious.wish I could grab them and have it .
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. thats definitely not too many apples! but you cooooould always make some apple pie! =)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my apples! That is like your own apple orchard! I love apples though! My favorite fruit is fresh peaches! I am obsessed in the summertime. Right now I am loving strawberries and kiwis though!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  29. aaw, hope you'll be back soon! that apple concoction you made up looks and sounds absolutely delish! you're a culinary genius!
    my fav fruit? definitely durian. and mangoes. and figs. and mangosteens. and...ok, there are too many. this is a super hard question!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hope you enjoy your weekend with your family. You're so creative not to waste that many apples. My favorite fruit drink is classic but delicious and fresh: orange juice

    ReplyDelete
  31. I adore strawberries. Love them. Your apple mix-up looks quite yummy. Enjoy your time with you parents!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Whoa, that is alot of apples!! Lol! Oh well, at least they look pretty in the bowl sitting on your counter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lucky you with all those apples. I love what you created with them!

    ReplyDelete
  34. thanks for the warm welcome! I hope you're having a great weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  35. omg, 65 apples!? That's insane :)
    I should go and clean out my fridge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections