Friday, September 11, 2009

Thanks & bounty from my mom

Happy Weekend!

First off, thank you all very much for all the comments and e-mails regarding my last post.  Even though I don’t know half of you in real life, it’s really nice to know that so many people that really do care and are there for me in those moments where it feels like there just too much going on!!

-------------------------------------------------------

Moving along to food … here is one of my all time favorite snacks that I just never, ever seem to tire of … Picture 453

I love bananas and peanut butter!

Dinner tonight was quick and easy because one, we don’t have much to eat and two, Erik wanted an Amy’s pizza and I did not. So since he was having pizza, I had this …Picture 458

Tuna sandwich aaaand an apple. (Followed by cottage cheese a little later). Boring, but it tasted good.

My parents are coming down this weekend and my mom is coming bearing gifts, haha. She e-mailed me this morning and she’s bringing me from her garden:

  • tomatoes
  • green, orange, yellow, red, banana and hot peppers
  • butternut squash
  • green grapes
  • concord grapes
  • onions
  • cantaloupe
  • watermelon
  • frozen tart cherries (they’re from her cherry tree and she already pitted them and everything)
  • frozen corn (you just can’t beat that good old NE corn frozen by your mom ;)
  • farm fresh eggs (okay, so this isn’t from her because my parents don’t have chickens buut they are from a farm)

Am I excited for all that? Yes! Can’t wait to see it all. (But of course I can’t wait to see my parents even more, I promise I’m not using them for their produce ; )

Have a great weekend!

 

-Lesley

11 comments:

  1. Hi Lesley...I'm a clean eater newbie and found your blog a few days ago. This place is fabulous, and you are an incredible inspiration! Thank you for sharing your journey with us and your ongoing success. I find it very motivating, encouraging and, of course, informational! Keep on keeping on, girl. Have a super weekend with your mom. I'm headed to see my mom this weekend, too. And guess what? I live in Nebraska (Lincoln) and know exactly what that wonderful sweet corn tastes like! :) Enjoy... and I will definitely be hanging around your blog for good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesley, I was online today looking for ideas on how to use up my mountain of giant zucchinis and I stumbled across your BLOG. I just wanted to say Hi as a fellow Nebraskan and to encourage you. I don't really feel like a professional but have been married 7 years now and have 3 sons. It's so exciting to a see a young married couple who truly Love God and are starting off from the very beginning trying to take care of their bodies through exercise and eating right. My Husband was also into weight lifting and football (was recruited to play for the Huskers but tore his knee out 2 weeks before he was to report to Lincoln)in place of God. He went through some hard things to bring him to Christ also, I'm so glad God got a hold of him and put us together, Just as I am so glad God put you and your sweety together. Have a great weekend with your Mom...aren't they awesome!~Toodles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I share your mom? She sounds marvelous with her home-grown gifts...HOw awesome! Butternut squash, too?! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the simple things like PB & Bananas! Lucky, a basket of goodies with so much fresh fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your mom is baring MANY great gifts!!
    I love tuna sandwiches, not boring, delicious! And yes, banana an pb is one of the best combos, other than chocolate and pb of course!
    HAve fun with your mom this weekend. I'll be with my mom too, as we are volunteering for a race in town tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PB and Banana toast is such a classic and delicious snack. It's perfect!

    Oooooo, I'm excited for you! With that gift list, I am sure you are thrilled.

    Have a great weekend with your rents. Take care sweetpea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww yay!! Have an awesome time with your dear parents :)



    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mommy's are the best :) Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your last post. I will keep y'all in my thoughts. Have fun with your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like your mom is bringing some great goodies..hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Easy dinners are sometimes best and yours look delicious. Enjoy you time with your parents (and all the produce!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections