Friday, September 25, 2009

Birthday weekend; music, how we met

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND, ERIK!

(ha, my husband’s birthday is on Monday so it’s officially his birthday weekend). Picture 267

He often likes to sit and listen to music for hours and then fumble around on his guitar and our really old piano and I snapped some pictures of him the other night.

Erik loves music and the house is rarely ever silent unless I’m home alone, ha.

He even has a guitar signed by the man in black himself…  Johnny Cash is one of his favorites. (We won’t mention that he bought it at a hefty price off of eBay one night after having consumed too much alcohol back in his crazy days, haha :s)

Picture 270

Not only is it his birthday weekend but we also started dating three years ago tomorrow (26th).  

I was thinking today about how we met. Believe it or not, it was technically over Facebook. Long story short, I was a few months away from moving to MO (where he already lived) from NE (where I grew up) and I had something on my profile page about our church and while he was doing a Facebook search for someone else from church my profile picture was the only one the popped up. He added me (probably because he just couldn’t resist my dashing good looks ; ) and sent me a message saying hi. I messaged him back saying hi. That turned into many e-mails and instant messages the next few months and when I officially moved here with my best friend, Danelle, we met in real life and the rest is history(I could share more details if anyone is remotely interested but I don’t want to bore you all for now ; )

When we first became Facebook friends it wasn’t a really long time after his Mr. Missouri bodybuilding show so this was his profile picture:

1417204560073869394S425x425Q85 

In one of my very first messages back to him at the very end I included “P.S. You have nice muscles, lol”.  I really just meant it in a “Whoa, you have large muscles” kind of way but we laugh about that now because it’s completely not something I would just say to some random guy I don’t know at all because I’m actually a very shy person! haha.

I love my husband.

Anyways, I probably won’t be around much this weekend because we’ll be in KC most of the time. (Going to the Plaza Art Fair and attempting to completely spoil Erik all weekend).

I might stop in tomorrow, not sure yet … either way … have a fabulous weekend!! : )

 

-Lesley

15 comments:

  1. happy birthday to your hub! can't believe you met over facebook -- i love technology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your story!! That is so great. I love good "how we met" stories. I can't believe that facebook picture! Wow, he looks completely different. He looks much better now :) But I can see why you became attracted to him, for sure. And look where it got you, very cool. You are so lucky to have such a great guy, and he's so lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute how you two met :) True love, right there!! Happy birthday to Erik!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fabulous birthday weekend with your husband!!

    oh and btw..happy birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww - happy birthday to Erik! I LOVE your story. You two are so adorable together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Erik!!! What a cool way to meet!! Have a superb weekend celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Erik! Wish you both a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahh what a sweet sweet story! another fbook success, what would we do without it?!

    Happy birthday to Erik :)! Have a great weekend, you two!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to muscle man, Erik!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ya'll are so freaking cute! Happy Birthday Erik. Enjoy the week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lesley,
    I enjoyed reading you love story. Cool about facebook. And the ending was so funny ... nice muscles meaning you have big muscles. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy birthday Erik!
    such a lovely story! :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute story! Feel free to share the rest, too. :-)

    Happy Bday to Eric!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awe...I met my husband on myspace because we actually went to the same HS and didn't know one another. I recently came across your blog and LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections