Monday, September 28, 2009

Birthday, Art Fair, Juice

Even though my last post said it, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIK! (Since today is officially his b-day).

Picture 299

We had a wonderful and fun weekend! After our great weekend in which I didn't blog aaaand after getting two packages in the mail today I feel like I have tons of stuff to talk about! Ha, where to begin ... First off, a few picture recaps of the weekend. One of the highlights was going to the Plaza Art Fair in KC.

Picture 353 Picture 355 Picture 367

It was really neat with over a hundred "booths" of artwork, photography, jewelry, pottery, etc created by artists from all over the place.

Picture 323

After walking around in the sun with not enough water in us we were hungry! We grabbed some food from one of the restaurant stands. Pretty much all of the restaurants in the Plaza had a little stand outside with "quick" foods. We decided on The Capital Grille. Erik got the steak sandwich with caramelized onions and a goat cheese spread.

Picture 361

And I got a grilled chicken breast sandwich. Both were VERY good.

Picture 365

(We attempted to re-create a form of the steak sandwich last night for dinner, I'll share that later).

And no trip to KC is complete without stopping at KC Juice for an on-the-way home smoothie. Picture 371

This time I remembered to get wheat grass in it unlike last time ; ) I love KC Juice!

Hope you all had a great weekend. Stick around for the unveiling of my packages and a giveaway. (Sounds so exciting, doesn't it?? ; )

How was your weekend?

-Lesley

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fantastic weekend! Can't wait for the package unveiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday again Erik! The festival looks awesome! We need to find something like that as we are on the hunt for art work for our house. Yummy eats. Can't wait to see your packages (thats what she said??)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erik's birthday sandwich looks so amazing. I want some goat cheese spread! Nick and I both love goat cheese, and blue cheese, yum.

    I had a great weekend. I hung out with my mother and also got to see the Buckeyes win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this does sound exciting. I'm on the edge of my seat now....

    I can't wait to hear all about these great things you tease us with. ;)

    Glad you had a great weekend love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow sounds like an amazing weekend -- glad you and the birthday boy had such a fab time :)! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of KC Juice. Is it like Jamba Juice?

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIK!!! I'm so glad y'all had such a glorious birthday weekend!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Erik!
    Looks liek you guys had a great time at the Art Fair! That burger with the carmelized onlions and Goat Cheese spread looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections