Friday, September 18, 2009

POMx Tea

POMx Tea

First off, thanks again Molly & POM for offering me a sample of some POM products again.  In case you missed it, here is an earlier review of POM’s 100% Pomegranate juice (it’s definitely recommended by me and fun to cook with ; )Picture 400

Upon receiving this tea, I almost immediately drank the Pomegranate Hibiscus Green tea because it was the light tea. I enjoyed it because for the most part, I love everything tea. However …

Picture 395

Here’s my random thoughts about POMx Tea:

  • Taste = I liked all the flavors but didn’t absolutely love any of them.
  • I don’t particularly like drinking calories (unless it’s a shake after a workout, etc) and I mostly just stick to regular tea or water so that may be part of the reason I’m not raving about this tea.
  • I realize that a little less than 200 calories isn’t an enormous amount but I’d just rather have no calorie (or sugar) regular tea and I’d enjoy it just as much, if not more.
  • I wish there was no fructose in it (see nutritional stats), and though it may be more “hardcore” I wish this tea was simply POM juice and straight up tea with no added sugar, that would make me enjoy it more. (Maybe I’m weird, I don’t know??)
  • I probably wouldn’t ever just buy this tea to drink. If I was getting anything it would be regular POM juice.
  • I did put a little bit of a few of them in protein shakes and it was an excellent way to add some flavor.
  • Bottom Line: I loved trying this tea, but as far as POM products are concerned, I’ll stick to the juice!

Picture 402

Ha, and this might make me really weird but honestly my absolute favorite part of this package was the pen.  I love pens and this is my current favorite! : )

Picture 398

So thanks again, Molly and POM! : ) You can see more of POMx tea on their Facebook page. (But I say you just go straight to the POM juice!)

What’s your favorite POM product?? (btw one reason I’m looking forward to winter is eating tons of pomegranates!!)

Have a great weekend!

 

-Lesley

 

9 comments:

  1. I'm getting these teas soon...can't wait!! I <3 pomegranates too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my thoughts exactly.. they're a good treat but definitely not something I would drink regularly. I'd rather eaaaaaaaaaaat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the exact same opinions about this tea that I have. I got the same package in the mail and to be honest, I would never buy it on my own. It's great to get for free, but I don't drink juice/sweetened tea and it's just not worth the money! I didn't even realize there was ructose in the tea, ugh.
    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that POM pen is so cool! I really want to try the tea, I have POM Wonderful right now and it truly IS wonderful! But only to cook, though...Straight-up drinking..it's kinda too strong for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive only tried POM one time before. It was okay, but I would also spend those 200 cals on something else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think they're nice for an occasional treat, but I don't like to drink calories either. I'm planning to try cooking with some of my samples.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, the POM pen is so cute!! I love fun pens too... :-)

    I completely, completely agree with you about "drinking calories" - it's cal free, unsweetened tea for me alllll the time too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't really like to drink my calories either unless the beverage is pure juice. I would love to have a juicer to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty colors in those drinks. How did you get them free anyway? I don't like to drink my calories either, but I do have org. juice in the mornings, I love my juice in the morning. This only time I have it, so that's ok.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections