Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Gotta love greek yogurt

Hello!

Just a quick post to share some random recent eats and creations.

First off … some pasta.DSC08786

This was really good! Unfortunately, I didn’t get a good picture of the actual meal so you’ll have to use your imagination but the tomato & basil in it was yum! ; )

Next up … two things I haven’t made in a long time … whole wheat bread and greek yogurt.  I sort of just threw a concoction into the bread machine and hoped for the best (yes, I cheated by letting the bread machine knead it for me, and, well, do all the work. But I don’t care … it’s much easier that way).

It actually turned out pretty good, but it could use a little perfecting. (And some better lighting :p)Picture 375

Annnnd the yogurt. I used to make greek yogurt all the time but stopped for a few months for not apparent reason. You can find a recipe in this previous post.Picture 378

Erik asked me not to make it as thick as normal buuuut I still strained it too long and it was pretty thick. So I tried to redeem myself by adding some almond milk and agave nectar. It worked : ) Yum!

And that’s all for my random recent eats and creations.

What’s your favorite greek yogurt add-in?

-Lesley

 

17 comments:

  1. I love Greek yogurt. My favorite mix in are fresh fruit-berries and peaches are my favs. I add a little agave too. We make our own yogurt now. It is so easy and so cheap and good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! homemade greek yogurt? how very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make my own Greek yogurt too--it's making a dent in my wallet! I like mixing in granola (duh), fruit (duh), chia seeds, and broken up muffins. I like it plain Jane too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a lot of work! I'm lazy when it comes to cooking, remember? hehe. I copied and poasted this recipe anyway, as I may get more creative as I make more money to buy neat ingredients and gadgets (I don't even have a candy thermometer!). I've heard you can just strain regular yogurt to make Greek yogurt, is that true?

    I love greek yogurt mixed with chocolate and peanut butter, such a great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like my plain Fage with a squirt of honey, Kashi Honey Almond Flax and mixed fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NOTHING like homemade bread mmmm. That loaf looks perfect. I want to try making greek yogurt! I love to add in honey

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had a bread machine too, love that loaf of WW bread!!! Can you make sprouted bread too?
    And greek yogurt....omg.... I miss it! there's no greek yogurt in ARgentina so I haven't had yogurt for a month now. I can't wait to go back and have some. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, I want to make greek yogurt!! And that bread looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE homemade bread! And love how the house fills with the aroma of baking bread :) I need to do that again soon!

    I love adding chocolate chips, banana and honey to my yogurt :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Greek yogurt turned out great! (As did the wheat bread, I'm sure.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just marked your Greek yogurt recipe. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I miss making bread...well using my Mothers machine too. it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greek yogurt is one of my new favorite things. I never used to eat yogurt, never liked it much, but the Greek kinds actually appeals to me. I buy it plain then add in some honey and some almond butter. It's actually what I am eating for lunch today! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that's impressive that you made your own Greek yogurt, I bet it cuts grocery costs way down!

    I love adding fruit or vitatops to plain greek yogurt. And I really like eating it on top of a baked sweet potato!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOOOOOO! I just tried greek yogurt the first time like a couple weeks ago, and, honestly, I'm HOOKED. I can't believe you make your own!! That's so awesome! I'll definitely give this a shot! Thanks for sharing!

    I'm all about the honey in mine...

    ReplyDelete
  16. you made your own greek yogurt? Just when I thought it wasn't possible to love you any more...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, your bread is absolutely gorgeous! I am SO impressed that you made your own Greek yogurt! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections