Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Blue Bird Bistro

Here’s a recap of our recent dinner at Blue Bird:

Picture 444

From the outside across the street.

Picture 448

Blue Bird Bistro is located on the corner of 17th and Summit in Kansas City. The décor and feel is simple, pleasant, cute, yet elegant.
Picture 431

Picture 432

Blue Bird Bistro is an organic, all natural, sustainable, and local restaurant in Kansas City.

Erik and I started out with the polenta. It was really good. I thought it tasted especially well with the ground up olives pictured below.

Polenta: “Grilled polenta served with a medley of local herbed toppings”Picture 434

We must have both been in a burger sort of mood because Erik got a bison burger and I got a black bean burger both served with veggies.

Black bean burger: “house made black bean patty studded with mushrooms, onions, carrots, corn and a hint of jalapeno served on a toasted organic, whole wheat bun”

Picture 443

My burger and veggies were both very flavorful and very satisfactory!

Along with the menu, there is also a list of local farmers where all the food came from … very cool! Half of the enjoyment is knowing that what you’re eating is local, all natural and organic.

photo

We love Blue Bird!

What’s your favorite kind of burger?

-Lesley

8 comments:

  1. it looks delicious!!

    I'm not sure I have a favourite burger. I guess as long as it's healthy and TASTES GREAT I like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic little restaraunt! I love the fact that it is all organic and all natural. I don't think we have anything like that around here but I desperately wish we did!
    The burger sounds and looks delicious! I love veggie burgers to death but another close favorite is salmon burgers!

    Hope you are having a great week sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great place! That burger looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome restaurant! The burger looks great, as I love wholesome, homemade veggie burgers. However I would have to say my FAVORITE burger is a Wendy's burger ir a Thurman bruger (local restaurant). They are juicy and delicious (real meat...). I also really like a good tulkey burger with avocado!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a totally cute place! mmm black bean burger ;) Hmm- my favorite kind of burger is chickpea right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow beautiful restaurant and meal!

    I've never had a black bean burger, but I do enjoy fresh, lean venison burgers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I definitely have that "blue birdddds smilin' at me, nothing but blue birds do I see" song stuck in my had.. drat!

    anyhooo - the restaurant looks faboosh :) I adore polenta.. nice pick sistah girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections