Sunday, September 13, 2009

Parents, painting, football & more

Hello!

This weekend has been a good one so far, however just way too fast. (What’s new though?)

I started my Saturday morning with some last minute picking up the house and some cookie making before my parents got here from NE.Picture 462

Though not a great picture, these cookies are always so good! I got the recipe from 101  Cookbooks. The coconut banana flavor goes so well together and they’re very “clean” with the base of them being bananas, coconut oil and oats.

Shortly after pulling them out of the oven, my parents arrived bearing gifts.

Picture 467

And that’s just some of what they brought. (All from my mom’s garden). Yum!!! I was impressed that my mom had grapes. They are SO sweet. My favorites so far are the purple ones.

We spent much of the day listening to the Husker game and painting. (Though my mom was the one who was most intent on listening to the game, you can’t grow up in NE without being a Husker football fan, it’s just not right).

 1195785827_dCEhpAg0MHv04AsC

My dad is pretty much the best painter ever and he was kind enough to help me get some painting done in the house.  (He’s also going to paint me a picture for our house sometime soon and I’m excited for that. How many people get to have awesome artwork from their dad hanging up in their house… )

I’m beginning my morning with some banana peanut butter oats. (That’s a very hard combo to beat!)Picture 472

Plus some plain old iced tea.Picture 477

For today … late service at church, lunch, seeing my parents off, then who knows what!

Hope you’re all having a fabulous weekend!!! What did you do on Saturday? (Anyone else a Husker fan??)

 

-Lesley

 

17 comments:

  1. your mom is officially your produce fairy! Peanut butter and banana oats = so classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look sooo delicious to me. I just finished baking too- made some Tina bars! Glad you're enjoying your time with the rents. I'm a Penn State fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful veggies and fruits, I want a garden! So, nice to have fresh an free produce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cookies look amazing, yum! Amazing produce, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful box of goodies from your parents!!

    That bowl of oatmeal looks stunning, I began my day much the same :)

    Studied all day yesterday, but felt productive, so that's always good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are enjoying a great weekend with your parents! Looks like they came bearing some wonderfully healthy gifts.
    This Saturday I relaxed, did some cooking, and then watched OSU get beat by USC :( It was painful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing better than gifts from the garden! Sounds like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish my mom had a garden like that! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The produce picture looks amazing! Love the variety. On Saturday I chilled out and watched college football cause it rained ALL day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cookies look devine! And totally agree with you, PB oats are classic! Nothing beats them.

    Hope you enjoyed your weekend sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love banana PB oats!! It's my favorite breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like your parents brought you some great goodies! I can't believe all of that came from your mom's garden (so jealous of her skills!).

    Hope you had a fun time with them!

    On Saturday, I did a lot of hw and went to the farmers' market.

    ReplyDelete
  13. coconut banana cookies sound yummy and the box of goodies from your mom is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - those cookies look amazing!! I hope you have fun with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've made those cookies before. They're sooo good!

    Your mom's garden must be amazing! I'm jealous of all that nice produce! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE gifts from the parents- awesome! :)
    Those cookies look YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections