Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Not an option; oats in a jar

Thanks for all your “working out in a hurry” ideas and thoughts. I definitely enjoy hearing what everyone else does when they don’t seen to have “enough” time. The consensus seems to be splitting up your workout throughout the day.

  I especially appreciated Josie’s answer of,

“The most important thing I do when I'm pressed for time and need to workout...I convince myself that I *do* have the time and skipping the workout is not an option. Then it's all gravy, or shall I say a piece of (jocolat) cake?”

That’s a great way to get the job done!

This is what I had for breakfast … oats in a jar! (Lindsey had this for breakfast too, good choice, Linds ; )Picture 161

So who started the blogger oats-in-a -jar craze anyways? I don’t even know.  But it was a great idea!

I never seem to think of this when I have an empty jar until aaafter I dispose of it but this morning I did! Ha.Picture 157

I know I ate a tad more PB than I should have because an “empty” jar actually houses more PB than it seems! Buut I figure one morning splurging of PB wouldn’t kill me ; ) Picture 159

This is 1/3 cup oats, half a banana, almond milk, cinnamon, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, and Stevia in the Raw. Yum, yum!

As you can tell, it was a large jar so it doesn’t look like much but it sure filled me up.

I’m in a banana/oats combo mood right now but I think my all time fav so far is tart cherries and oats.  What’s your absolute favorite combo with oats?

 

-Lesley

14 comments:

  1. oats in a jar is taking over blogworld! I feel so out of the looop.

    I love all things with oats but I have been eating pumpkin oats like it's my jobbb lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried the oats in a jar thing about a week ago, and I'm a fan :) My favorite oat combo would have to be steel cut oats with peanut butter and a bit of honey, and Purevia. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never had oats in a jar. I do eat oatmeal every morning though. I usually add tons of cinnamon and a few raisins. Sometimes soy milk or skim to add protein.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite oat combos include:
    -oats & pb or almond butter
    -oats & vanilla/chocolate protein
    -steel cut oats & blueberries
    -oats blended with strawberries & vanilla protein

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always scrape my jars so clean that oats in a jar isn't quite as exciting as it should be! My favorite combo is egg whites/egg beaters...among other things, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great minds think alike. :) Love you dear, hope life is going smoothly this week. :) xo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite way to eat oats is this:
    Equal parts of steel cut oats and quinoa cooked on the stove with golden yellow raisens added at the begining (so they plump and soften while cooking). Then once cooking is finished I add vanilla and cinnamon. Once I dish out my portion I add a splash of milk to my bowl. I make a large batch of this on the weekends and reheat a serving every morning all week long. Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey pretty. My favorite combo is peanut butter and coffee. Yes you heard right. Spoon in a hot cup and stir. Delish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I'm eating oats right now. I had 1 teaspoon of brown suger, 1/4 tsp of flaxseed, and a handful of blueberries. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the oats in a jar trend! In terms of toppings, I actually am starting to prefer savory oats to sweet and I like lots of hot sauce, tons of veggies, and beans

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am boring - I always eat oats the same! But I LOVE my old favorite - oats, banana + PB! I will say savory oats intrigue me. I need to try them for din din sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. need to make nut butter to have this oat in a jar combo! :D
    favorite combo = oat bran + spinach + nut butter

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the oats in a PB jar idea!! SO clever! I'm watching our current PB jar closely so I can try the jar oats as soon as the jar is empty... :-) I actually just tried PB oats for the first time last week, and it was incredible! The PB oats are definitely my new favorite oatmeal - oats, almond milk, PB, and cinnamon! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections