Monday, October 19, 2009

Stevia baking blend

Hello, Monday.

I stayed up late last night watching a movie with Erik and I had a very tired day because of it.  Tonight my goal is to go to bed on time! I didn’t even do my cardio this morning because sleep was more important.

NuNaturals: Stevia Baking Blend

This weekend I made chewy oatmeal raison cookies.

Picture 581

I would show you the recipe I used but I forgot to bookmark it and I don’t feel like searching for it right now. Ha. But basically, instead of sugar I used this Stevia Baking Blend.

I love this stuff! I typically use agave nectar instead of sugar in recipes but find it’s not quite as sweet.  But this baking blend was very sweet.  I put as much Stevia Baking Blend as it called for sugar and I thought if anything, these cookies were too sweet. (But not quite ; )

Picture 584

They were firm on the outside and chewy and moist on the inside. Yum!!

I also used the Singing Dog vanilla NuNaturals sent me.

Picture 588

I’ve been using some other NuNatural products so there is more to come. So far, I’m loving it all.  The baking blend just might be one of my favorite products so far though.

Now I’m off to eat some cottage cheese with almonds, take a shower, relax a little and go to bed early so I actually get up to cardio in the morning! Ha.

How was your weekend??

 

-Lesley

 

10 comments:

  1. I can't wait to bake with this. I am so glad to hear that it turned out well.

    Hope you had a great day sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girly- I agree the flavor from this product is awesome! It seemed to really irritate Josh's tummy though. Kind of a bummer so I can't use the rest of my mix :( Get some rest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo if you find that recipe make sure to post it. I have the baking blend, whole wheat flour, and oats so I already have most the ingredients on hand I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm these look delicious--I haven't tried any NuNaturals products yet. Hope you got some rest and made it up for some cardio today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sleep is oh so important, thanks for the reminder that getting enough is the key to feeling energized!

    Those cookies look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The baking blend sounds really interesting. I'm still trying to sort out all my feelings on artificial sweeteners like stevia...but I'm glad it works in baking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely need to find a recipe to use that baking blend with! Perhaps those cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to know the baking blend works!!! I love stevia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use SweetLeaf Sweetener Stevia. It was the first--the CEO and founder was the first to bring stevia to the U.S. I love it in fruit smoothies!(But I know NuNaturals ha big fans, and that's cool).

    In fact, Jim May (founder and CEO of SweetLeaf)is holding a webinar on 10/27 and will discuss the differences between brands (probably among other things). Its free and I already signed up! If you're interested, here's the link to the article where the link to register in embedded!
    www.prlog.org/10375388-is-stevia-shaking-up-sweetener-markets-james-may-aka-father-of-stevia-shares-views-at-webinar.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently tried the baking blend too and found that it was too sweet, which reminded me that I wasn't eating regular sugar, and that kinda grossed me out. Sounds like you had a similar experience (minus the gross-out, haha), so I think maybe next time I would use 3/4 as much baking blend as the recipe calls for sugar and maybe that would do it. Stevia just has yet to completely win me over!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections