Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Goji berry tea & resting muscles

Happy Tuesday!! To start out … here’s some random …

Food

Today I rekindled a love with Stash’s goji berry green tea … I drank A LOT of it last winter and picked some up the other day when I was in the grocery store.

Picture 455

I had forgotten how much I love this stuff! 

I also just discovered this lovely new Fiesta Lime Mrs. Dash seasoning (okay, so I don't know how “new” it is but I just discovered it … I’m using it tonight so I’ll have to report back on how I like it) … But I’m typically always a big fan of Mrs. Dash!

Picture 466

And tonight called for a big pot of brown rice making. We were out.

I tell ya’, if you eat rice (or any other similar grain) very often you really should try making a really large stock pot full to last you for the week. It’s so easy and convenient and can be included in tons of different meals!

Picture 462

Fitness

Today in the fitness realm of life, I just stuck to my morning cardio. I did 40 minutes on the treadmill at around 3.8 on incline. Other than that, my muscles get a rest tonight.

Erik and I are off to watch Biggest Loser now … yay! ; )

 

-Lesley

 

13 comments:

  1. Muscles need a rest, just like us :)

    So what's the deal with Goji? What type of information is out there about its benefits? The tea sounds good, but I'm wondering what type of benefits it claims to have. I'm really not familiar with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that tea :) and i need to get in the habit of making larger pots of grains... it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Dash seasonings rock!! Looking forward to hearing your review of the lime one - I haven't tried it yet!

    We do the same thing with brown rice - I make a huge batch on Sunday, and it's so useful all week long! Hooray for rice! Your batch looks gorgeous - how do you season yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, brown rice takes way too long to cook. (It's also kind of...labor intensive.) I just stick a bunch in my huge rice cooker and then use it all week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was allll about the rest the other night...felt good to have a night off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a rice cooker and it works wonders with brown rice. I love it! I am watching Biggest Loser too. It always sucks me in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that fiesta lime mrs. dash looks like a potential mouth party haha :) if it's spicay I would put it on everyyything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. muscles are built in and OUT of the gym! you got it girl, rest up those muscles!!

    that fiesta mrs dash looks so good! what a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i always do that with grains! makes life so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  10. goji berry green tea? Sounds interesting!
    Hope your muscles got enough rest! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gah - I suck at making rice! It comes out sticky, not flaky and dry. I stick with making quinoa because I don't seem to mess it up :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections