Friday, October 16, 2009

New hair & daycare food

Happy almost weekend : )

On the debate of coffee or tea in the morning it seems that the general consensus is coffee in the morning and tea at night. Thanks for your thoughts. I’m partial to tea both morning and night! ; ) Picture 552

And mostly for my mom to see, here’s my new hair. Ha, she’ll hate it! She doesn’t like it when my sister or I have really dark hair. But as she said yesterday morning, “Oh well, I know you’ll just change it again”. Aaaand I will. I felt like doing something different and got some purple highlights in front.

 Picture 530Picture 537

Here’s my little big tired buddy about to fall asleep.

Picture 547

And last but not least, I ran across this article the other day and thought it was interesting.

Day care next frontier in fighting kids obesity 

I worked at a daycare a couple years ago and most of that food was definitely not healthy :s. A couple quotes highlighted from the article:

“New Harvard research shows few states require that child-care providers take specific nutrition and physical activity steps considered key to keeping the under-5 crowd fit.”

“This isn't about putting youngsters on a diet. It's about teaching them early, before bad habits form, how being active and eating healthy can be the norm - and that junk food, including the chicken nuggets-type fare that we call "kid food" - should be a rare treat.”

I like the point that it’s about teaching kids that being active and eating healthy can be the norm.  That’s all for now … any exciting weekend plans?

 

-Lesley

13 comments:

  1. So glad you brought up the daycare information. I had my son in a daycare when he was an infant and I was appalled by the food they served. In the month and a half I had him there, they served him vegetables once. Seriously. ONCE. And it was the pea/carrot/corn mix. For breakfast, biscuits and gravy. Really? It is so important to focus on nutrition early. I'm super happy with his current daycare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh- there are SO many reasons I do not want to put my future kids in day care and that is a major one.

    LOVE the hair- so fun! I wish my job would allow me to do some pink. I'd totally rock it.

    This weekend= teaching attack today, step tomorrow, family and friends over tomorrow for chili and the penn state game. Sunday=sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep and relaxing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your hair dark!! You look different, but I like it a lot.

    The daycare article sounds interesting. I agree that kids need to learn about eating healthy earlier, rather than later, so why not start in the daycare setting?? This should have been in place a LONG time ago. I'm so glad people are finally getting the idea and putting it into practice.

    This weekend I'm off to Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the dark hair! It looks great, and of course the purple definitely spices it up! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new hairdo is soooo awesome! I love the purple highlights!!! I so wish I could put blue stripes in my hair, but alas my job won't let me... :-(

    Three cheers for healthier foods in day cares! Starting kids on the path to a healthier lifestyle early early early is SO important!

    This weekend a really good friend that I haven't seen in 6 years is coming to stay with us! I'm sooo excited! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I like the purple highlights a lot. It's cute and badass at the same time, just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the new haircut and color. I once had purple in my hair...long time ago. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh you are one of those girls that I envy for being able to pull off ANY hair style! so jealous girl -- you look phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE IT!! You look super hot girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh I really love the purple in the front of your hair!! I wish I was risky when it came to my hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the hair!!!! I used to have dark hair for the longest time and I miss it.

    I have major issues with daycare - food included. When or if I ever send Baby J to a daycare, I am packing his food for him. I shutter to think that they serve pop tarts and other crap. Ugh.

    Healthy Eating
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections