Thursday, October 22, 2009

A doggie story

Hey everyone!!

Since I’ve been slightly MIA the past few days, I thought I’d stop by with a doggie story. Well, the other day I was going to bring banana pumpkin bread to work because we were having a “food” day where we all brought something. 

So, I got it all baked and set it on some foil to cool some more.  Meanwhile  we let the dogs in and were watching some TV. I got up and saw Adrian in the kitchen drinking some water and she looked very guilty. However, I didn’t see anything obviously out of place so I didn’t think anything of it.

A little bit later I went back to put the bread away and I found this

Picture 59446

my freshly baked bread half gone and full of dog nibbles. Ha, I was so mad at her but I couldn’t help but laugh at the same time. Needless to say, I didn’t bring anything to work with me :p

Picture 59447

Gotta love those dogs …

Does anybody else have any dog/kitchen stories?? Ha, I love the hear them.

I have several e-mails asking for my chewy oatmeal raison cookie recipe so I’ll be posting that soon when I get it all written down. Hope your week has been going great : )

 

-Lesley

15 comments:

  1. YIKES!! Raisins are toxic for dogs :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha...oh dogs. My Chocolate lab growing up at an entire bag of hershey kises (with the wrappers on) that we had set out for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! We don't have a dog, hubs is allergic, but I really want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, I've walked away to find food missing from the table and kitchen counter. I now make sure my doggy is not around & I push thing back. You cant't do anything but laugh at their cute faces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is too funny! One Thanksgiving we had all finished eating and were ready for some homemade pumpkin pie...we get into the kitchen and the dog had eaten almost an entire pie. That's the problem with bigger dogs I guess. A yorkie would never be able to get your freshly baked goods off the counter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, she was just showing her approval of your baked goods.

    One time, I was letting two cake pieces cool before I frosted and assembled the entire thing. I came downstairs and saw my (black) cat looking extremely guilty. Upon closer inspection, I saw that her little mouth was covered in yellow cake crumbs and there were big scrape marks out of the cake.

    No doggie stories though...but I'll probably have at laest one eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, looks like that bread would've been delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so funny! at least your dogs got good taste ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahha oh no! I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh because I am sure it was so depressing to see your lovely bread all ruined but it just makes me chuckle the darn things those little loves do sometimes. I swear God made them cute for a reason! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol - There have been a few times where Marc's food has mysteriously disappeared from his plate. Although, he didn't think it was funny. Me, on the other hand, makes sure I am near my plate and never leave it for the dog to even see it!
    Healthy Eating
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no, too funny!! Such a pity - your bread looks so yummy, too! :-) I'm sure your puppy was in taste bud heaven! :-)

    My parents have a border collie with a sweet tooth, and one morning they found him standing in the middle of the dining room table, polishing off an entire plate of pancakes... :-p

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lesley,
    Isn't it so obvious when they get that guilty look? Animals are so much smarter than we give them credit for. On the bread, you just have to laugh, don't you? It did look yummy. Doggie thought so too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, no! Dogs are seriously so sneaky sometimes. When our standard poodle Bayley was a pup, we caught her eating a stick of butter off the table. She's had a taste for the stuff ever since.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections