Sunday, October 11, 2009

Way too lazy & lovin’ the pumpkin

Hi everyone! How was your weekend?

Mine was good, but I was way too lazy and I was feelin’ it by Sunday afternoon! (By that I mean I had a headache, didn’t workout, didn’t drink enough water, and ate too much = ugh! – though I finally redeemed myself a little and lifted tonight ; )

Here’s about how it went:

Saturday: We did just about absolutely nothing! We were up late on Friday watching Bigger, Faster, Stronger (really good documentary) and so we slept in much later than normal. We had fun just doing nothing together but we did nothing for way too long!

Sunday:  Went to church and listened to a really good sermon, ate at my MIL’s house and then went to KC to do some clothes shopping.

Along with that, I’ve been eating a lot of pumpkin (still). It seems like pumpkin goes good with everything, ha.  What’s your favorite way to eat pumpkin?

Picture 459

I’ve had it in a smoothie, my oats, on a piece of toasted bread, etc, etc. Yum! : )

Besides all that … it’s been cold! Is it extra freezing anywhere else?? I’m not sure what to think about that :s.

That’s all. Hope you’ve had a great weekend!!

 

-Lesley

“Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives you satisfaction.” –anne frank-

 

14 comments:

  1. Lazy weekends are wonderful- I'm jealous ;) I like pumpkin along with just honey or mixed into yogurt! awesomeness

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was lazy this weekend too! Watched football, chopped my hair off, did a lot of baking/cooking. I love baking with pumpkin in the fall. So many great treats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still trying to like pumpkin - ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been cold here, but not that bad. I'm going to Colorado next weekend and I hear it's in the thirties...I'm not ready for that!

    My favorite way to eat pumpkin is with some oat bran or steel cut oats. IT's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi love!!!

    sounds like you had a perfect relaxing weekend

    fa way to eat pumpkin DUH in oatmeal!!!

    enjoy your monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds very much like my weekend!! I am trying and making a pumpkin recipe collection now. I have always hated pumpkin,I really want to make an effort at liking it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a lazy weekend is a good one!

    mmm I just about use pumpkin in everything! I made a pumpkin "dessert" last night and just combined pumpkin with a little greek yogurt, a sliced apple and some fiber sticks for crunch. It was perrrfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Canned pumkin reminds me of being at the store last month and seeing a guy with over 20 cans of pumkin. I asked.. making a big pumpkin pie? He said no it was for his vegetarian dog?

    I like your blog - this is my first visit.

    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband and I watched "Bigger, Faster, Stronger" together. It really is interesting! Steroid use is such a controversial topic and I think they covered all viewpoints really well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lazy weekend are always nice...I always enjoy them more when the cold weather starts kicking in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to find this recipe for you, but I have a great recipe with pumpkin and dried cranberries that's amazing!

    I love pumpkin too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think lazy weekends are totally necessary...it's what gets me through the week!

    I love eating pumpkin in oatmeal, which reminds me, I definitely need to make a purchase soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. pumpkin oats, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, straight off the spoooon -- I <3 pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i have YET to find pumpkin at my grocery storeeeeeeeeeee AHHHH

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections