Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pumpkin cravings & breaking a personal best

Happy end of the weekend!!

It was a good one but it went by too fast. In my last post, I talked about how I would probably be talking about fitness more, specifically lifting because Erik and I are back on track. But before that … a few random foods from the weekend.

Food

First off, more Portobello crust pizza. (I’m LOVING this … it’s a mushroom lover’s dream!)

Picture 433

And for a slightly strange snack … I was in a pumpkin mood (hello cold fall weather!) so I had a toasted slice of Ezekiel bread with pumpkin, cinnamon, and Stevia in the Raw on top. It was pretty tasty!

Picture 430

Lifting

The last time I got to really do chest was August 1st. If you remember, I had then reached a personal best on the bench press of 90 lbs.  (The reason I hadn’t done it for 2 months was due to the fact that I didn’t have my lifting partner to spot me so I could never really go at it).  

The past few months I’ve worked my chest but not as hard I would have liked to so I was a little anxious today to see what I could do.Picture 445

Very excitedly, I was able to lift 95 lbs … woo hoo! For practically not benching for 2 whole months, I was VERY happy to have improved my record by 5 lbs! And I plan to just keep on improving it ; )

(Erik wasn’t sure I could do it, ha, but I told him I was going to and so I did!) Honestly, lifting is very much a mind game and I see that more and more.

I had Erik take a picture of me, mostly for my own “records”. It’s fun to see how I improve in time and what better way to see it than pictures? So here I am today.

Picture 447

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!!!

On Tuesday I will announce the winners of the Stevia in the Raw coupons and samples!

 

-Lesley

21 comments:

  1. Great job! The pumpkin toast looks good! I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on beating your personal record. :)

    I've been all about the pumpkin lately too - I finally found some yesterday and was SO excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you've got great hair. 2nd great Blonde girl hair-do I've seen today. What it is with you chickies? (oh, and you've go muscles too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using a portobello mushroom as a pizza crust is SUCH a great idea!!! Hooray for lifting MORE than you ended with last time! Awesome! You must have been eating well and letting your body recover during those 2 months!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your personal record! You go girl! You are such an incredible inspiration!

    Omg, Ezekiel bread is the best!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love pumpkin. I actually eat it by itself with just a little honey= heaven! Great job with the lifting girl! You look super strong

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo, check out those guns!

    That pizza looks fantastic. I should buy some mushroom caps and try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woot Woot! Look at you. You're ripped lady. :)

    Glad you enjoyed your weekend. PS- Pumpkin cravings are in full swing here too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great Lesley, I need t get back to lifting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look GREAT!! And, so does that pizza :) I am a mushroom lover, in fact I might have a slight obsession. They are just so good! Nick doesn't like them on pizza though, what a HUGE bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! 95lbs? Congrats! Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 95 pounds, wow!!! i don't even think i could lift the bar, however much that weighs. lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on the lifting! Can't wait to read about your progress in more post's!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my word, just looked back at your portobello crust and now that's all I can think about making!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. did someone say portobella crust pizza? oh dear meeeeeeeee! I love me some 'shrooms... ;) ;).

    look at your hotstuff! looking GREAT! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I definitely need to try portobello crust pizza sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the bench! I think its one of my favorite exercises to do :). Love portobellos. Made pizza yesterday for my little one and I and used lots of thickly sliced portobellos on top, Mmmmmm!! Lovin your blog btw!

    ~Justine

    ReplyDelete
  18. DAYUM girl, awwesome liftt!!! you look so great and what a strong lil lady you are!!

    those pizzas look fabuloso!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. you look fabulous in that picture! way to work it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW Hot Lady!!! Congrats on the pounds lifted, this is great!

    I feel we haven't connected in some time...I hope you are well?

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections