Monday, October 26, 2009

Banana Pumpkin Bread

We made it through Monday!  Actually, Mondays always seem to go by really fast so I don’t mind them at all.

As you may have noticed, I’ve been posting a lot of baked goods lately  with no recipes. Many of you have asked for the recipes so I’ll gladly oblige and share them : ) First I’ll start with:

Banana Pumpkin Bread

(please pardon the pictures. if you missed it, here is why there are nibbles missing out of it)Picture 59446

I modified Angela’s recipe that is found here.

Ingredients:

  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1/8 cup coconut oil
  • 1 1/3 cups pumpkin puree
  • 1/3 cup agave nectar
  • 1/2 cup NuStevia baking blend (or any other type of sugar/sweetener)
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • Little less than 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp allspice
  • 3/4 cup raisins

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
  2. Mash bananas and stir in all other wet ingredients.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix together all dry ingredients excluding the raisins.
  4. Add the dry mixture to the wet and stir. Add raisins.
  5. Pour mixture into greased 9x5 inch pan and bake for approximately 55 minutes.
  6. And finally, make sure you don’t let it cool on the edge of your counter where your dogs can eat it ; )

Picture 59447

And there it is … we loved it! Perfect fall bread.

Anyone else loving the beautiful leaves all around as much as me? Wonderful fall foliage all around! I also love to step on really crunchy leaves. Does anyone else find themselves going out of your way to step on a really crunchy looking leaf?? Ha, I do : ) I can’t help myself.

Happy fall food and weather!

 

-Lesley

10 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm so excited about the baked goods recipes! Your pumpkin bread sounds incredible! Thank you for the recipe! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks amazing!!! Love how orange it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The story about this loaf is still cracking me up. Yummy recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yum!! I just make pumpkin cookies, which I will post about today. I like the idea of BOTH pumpkin AND banana!

    Yes, I love to step on large crunchy leaves :) And piles of leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love playing in the leaves:) Nice bread!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy bread! I love crunchy fall leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I love banana pumpkin oats as much as I do, then I can only imagine that this bread would be just as wonderful! :)

    Oh, and I got the Stevia samples today in the mail. Thanks so much sweetheart. I can't wait to try them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. a hybrid of my two favorite sweet breads ever.. wonderul!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections