Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Wonderful husband, getting to three digits

Happy Tuesday :)

I must start off this post bragging about my husband. He’s been off work the past two days and on Monday, I came home to find our whole entire bedroom freshly painted, rearranged and totally organized. And then today I came home to the whole house looking spotless! I was one happy camper!! I have the best husband in the world!! : )

Picture 516

POM Veggies & Eggs

Last night for our veggies I tried somethin’ different. I sautéed yellow and green zucchini in one of the newest flavors of POM. I picked the Kiwi Pomegranate flavor.

Picture 496

I figured it would either taste really gross or really good. Ha, but it was neither. I didn’t love it and I didn’t hate it. Really, I only included a dash or two of the juice along with regular spices such as Mrs. Dash, pepper and sea salt to tame it a little. It gave it a different flavor but wasn’t too overpowering. The only thing I was sad about was how big the seeds were in the yellow ones! Oh well.

Another exciting thing as of recent are these babies …

Picture 508

My mother-in-law now has chickens!! We’re pretty excited about that. Her husband knows just about everything about chickens so they decided to get some. Now I have “farm fresh” eggs to eat from my mother-in-law’s house! : )

Lifting: Chest Night

After coming home from work and telling my husband how stinkin’ happy I was to see that he cleaned the whole house, we worked out.

Tonight was chest. If you remember last week, I benched 95 lbs which was my best thus far.  Tonight I’m happy to report 100!! There was just something about getting to three digits that made me really happy. I’m not satisfied yet though ; ) I know I could have done more if I was more mentally with it.

My current goal is to reach my body weight so I’ve got about 35 more lbs to go!

It’s now time for din-din and then Biggest Loser.  Have a great evening!!

 

-Lesley

11 comments:

  1. Eric is an absolute GEM! you snagged yourself a winner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband is a super sweety! But you also totally deserve it ;) CONGRATS on the 100 lbs! That is just jammin- you rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, sweet Eric! :) How nice of him.

    The POM egg veggie mix sounds interesting. I often get these crazy ideas in my head for different recipes and they either turn out totally awesome or a total bust! Glad this one wasn't a total bust because that is always so dissapointing.

    Congrats on reaching a new PR tonight! So proud of you girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I bet it would be nice to have a chicken, or access to one! How neat. I sometimes hate buying eggs at the store. I'm very picky about them.

    I have been using POM in everything, but I have yet to cook any vegetables in it! That's a great idea. I'm glad you liked the idea of POM chicken on my Twitter post earlier. It turned out REALLY good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww - what a sweet guy!!! And congrats on the lifting - that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a wonderful husband!!! :D
    POM on veggies? although they weren't spectacular... it's a genius idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, the hubby really is a winner, but you already knew that!

    I wish we had farm-fresh eggs. They taste way better than the ones in the store, plus the hens are a lot happier making them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm I would never think to add that to my veggies...sounds yummy!
    Awww what a sweetie you have there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's funny that 135 # is your goal...in high school during basketball season I maxed out at 135 on the bench. I think I only did it like 3 times but that's the most I have ever done. I was like 5'10'' 123 pounds of solid muscle then!

    Gotta get my strength back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's impresssssive!! I remember back in high school PE class, benching the bar was enough for me! I wonder how much I could do now...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have you considered lending out your husband from time to time? I'm sure there will be quite a few takers :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections