Friday, January 8, 2010

What we do on lame & tired nights

What a day!!

I found out some very exciting news at work today which made my day fly by. Then as I came home tonight, the lack of sleep I’ve gotten all week started to catch up to me.

In fact, Erik and I were both pretty out of it! So we decided to lift tomorrow morning instead of tonight. (Saturday is normally an “off” day). Here is how our lame and lazy Friday night has played out …

Computer: (p.s. I love Windows 7)AComputer tonight for me basically has equated to … watching our church’s Friday night service online (since we obviously didn’t go), e-mailing, blogging, Facebook, etc, etc. All to be expected.

Easy and quick Amy’s margherita pizza: (yum enough?) AA Am I the only person who puts their pizza on the box to cut it when it’s out of the oven? Sometimes it sounds kinda gross since I’m not sure what/who has previously touched the box but most of the time when I’m eating pizza, I’m being lazy and don’t care …. so I often cut my pizza on the pizza box.AAAA I ate half of this bad boy!AAAAA Hot, delicious tea:ACrabbiness: unpictured

Art: Erik’s been working on his latest piece of art. When I started to take pictures of him, he got all fake serious on me … AAAAAAAAA  … at which point I told him to stop, ha. So he started being non fake Erik again …AAAAA Dogs: Rocky must think she’s a small lap dog … AAAAAAAnd that’s how we do a lazy, lame, and tired night!

Pretty exciting, huh?? Ha!

I’m glad to be in my warm house tonight as it’s supposed to be –19 tonight. That’s cold!! weather 1In fact, I’m thankful to have a nice, warm house to sleep in at night! Last night as I was curled up under the covers falling asleep to the sound of my warm space heater, my thoughts went to the homeless and how hard of a time winter must be for some. So, I did all I could do at the moment and said a prayer for anyone out there who had no way to keep themselves or their families warm … 

Amidst this cold season that many of us hate, don’t forget to be thankful for how blessed we really are! :)

And … Happy Weekend!! Erik and I have some celebrating planned for tomorrow night ; ) (It has to do with the whole “exciting news at work” thing I mentioned at the beginning of the post).

image

21 comments:

  1. Amy's pizza looks so good, Now I'm hungry and I haven't eatten yet too!

    Your hub can really pull off that serious look quite well.

    haha have a cozy time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your night in. We watched a movie, it is too cold to go out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true - I hate walking from the house to the car in this cold - I can't imagine living in this cold! It's a sad and horrifying thought that there are women, men, and children living without a roof over their heads.
    Congrats on your good news! Pizza looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always put it on the box to cut it and my bf just puts it straight onto the counter. Yes he's a mess.

    Big dogs always do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always cut my pizza on the box - also because I'm sooo lazy to do anything else. and you can watch your church service online? how neat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you going to share your exciting news?? :) Teaser!

    I always used to cut my pizza on the box... way less clean up!!

    Have a great weekend,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your last note about being blessed! aMEN to that! atleast we have shelter and warmth!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing like a Friday night at home! That Amy's pizza looks super tasty. I will have to give it a go. Can't wait to hear about the exciting news

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, I don't eat boxed pizza, so I can't cut my pizza on the box. ;) I'm glad you had a relaxing Friday night---even if I plan to work Friday nights, I end up being lazy and not getting anything done. :| Maybe I should stop trying to be productive all the time...

    I feel so blessed to be in a house, too, although it wasn't very warm last night. That's what I get for sleeping with my hair wet in the middle of winter. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. rocky is SO cute!!
    Have a great weekend Leslie<3
    thank you so much for your support on my blog. it means SO much.
    love yous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love lazy nights & never feel guilty about them! We deserve it!

    I second you on the thoughts for the homeless & those less fortunate!

    OK, I want to know the work thing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a perfect night to me! : ) Rocky is so cute...she does think she's a lil lap doggie! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also put it on the box too!! It honestly had never even crossed my mind about the dirt and bacteria that thing could be holding! Buuuuut then again I probably won't stop doing it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just about as exciting as our Friday nights!

    I don't cut my pizza on the box, but hey, it's a great idea!

    Can't wait to see the end result of Erik's art :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What kind of art does your hubs do? I love art!
    PS - I hope it was a raise or promotion! Congrats either way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the news, I hope you can share it at some point!!

    Have fun tonight celebrating!

    It's freezing cold here in Chicago too! Nice day to stay in and cook!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have that same starbies coffee mug! It's huge and a love it -- definitely doesn't help with my caffeine addiction :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't wait to hear the news!

    Totally agree with you re the homeless, the numbers are rising with this depression and it is really disheartening to see them struggling in the cold (and rain here). Thanks for reminding us to be thankful of the things many of us too often take for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oooh i love exciting work news! and your cute mug. i just had some pizza for dinner, it always tastes so much better on weekends, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your FRiday night! Definitely looks fun and relaxing.

    I don't cut my pizza on the box, mainly because I need a sturdier surface, but I don't think that's gross, haha I don't think about germs very often ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your lazy Friday night looks perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections