Thursday, January 21, 2010

What 750 lbs of food looks like in a living room!

Hey guys!

Hope your week has been treating you well : ) We have A LOT of food in our living room right now (approx 750 lbs worth to be exact).

Remember how I said things were moving along with our vending machines? Well, we got all the food today! DPP_0004
I don’t know how much food for five vending machines looked like until I got home, haha. It was more than I expected!  At first we felt slightly overwhelmed and in over our heads but what’s to be expected? We’re new at this! It’s exciting … we just have to iron out all the wrinkles and get adjusted.
DPP_0002 DPP_0006  DPP_0005  One thing I know … it’s a lot of fun to have all this food in my house! We taste tested a few products. First, a Mix 1 Berry smoothie …DPP_0007 … then a Raw Revolution bar.DPP_0012
And check out these little packets of Materne apple sauce …. love them!!  It’s such a cute and efficient idea … they’re squeezable and resealable. DPP_0008 DPP_0009
While doing a little taste testing, we went through all our inventory and organized it a little better to make sure we had everything. DPP_0010
This part might be boring for some but some of you guys have asked what all we’re putting in the machines and to start out … here is our loot:

  • Popchips
  • Kettle Foods bakes
  • Zen Soy, Soy on the go cappuccino
  • Materine Applesauce
  • Robert’s Gourmet Smart Puffs
  • Robert’s Gourmet Pirate’s Booty
  • Kettle Foods Chips
  • Stacy’s Pita Chips
  • Brother’s All Natural fruit crisps
  • Stretch Island fruit leathers
  • Barbara’s Bakery fruit and yogurt bars and snackimals
  • Raw Revolution bars
  • Clif Z Bars
  • Late July sandwich cookies
  • Back to Nature graham sticks and mini cookies
  • Blue Sky tea soda
  • Hansen’s soda
  • Steaz energy drink
  • Mix 1
  • Horizon organic milk
  • Imagine Foods Kidz smoothies
  • Honest Tea juice
  • Adina iced coffee
  • Itoen iced tea
  • Tazo iced tea

DPP_0011 

This is fun! : )  Erik’s going down to set up all the machines the middle of next week and as soon as I can, you know I’m going to take plenty of pictures at the locations to share with you!!

Hope you guys all have a great weekend!! :)

image

30 comments:

  1. whoa! that is alot of food. Ha! very cool though...Sounds like you got great stuff going in those machines! woohoo! Have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - that's a lot!! Can't wait to hear how your venture goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow....now that's a lot of food!! And it's all healthy...bonus:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get those gogoSqueeze applesauce packets all them time. Love those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot dang that's a lot of food! But HOW FUN!!!! :)

    Are you accepting house guests? Because guess who's coming for dinner! ;)

    Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM!!! What a great haul! So cool that y'all are doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah! Look at all that awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea for a healthy vending machine. I hope it takes off for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soo awesome!! I have always wanted healthier vending machine options. Are any gonna be close to KC?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is awesome. I know you'll be having fun taste-testing your future products.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting! I love those applesauces! I've never seen them before. Good luck with the new business!

    ReplyDelete
  12. boy that's a lot of food!! I love all that stuff you are vending, that great to have healthy options. I hope your business grows exponentially :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the idea of healthy vending machines!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Healthy vending machine is a great idea! I hope this goes really well for you guys. I know I would be a regular at a vending machine of this type :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! That is a lot of food :) Fun that you get to taste test the products (gotta know what you're selling, right??). Can't wait to see the machines all loaded up. Hope you guys have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what an awesome thing you guys are doing! I want one :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! How exciting is it to finally have the food for the machines? I think you've got some great sellers in there. As a Mom, I can appreciate all the healthier options.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just wanted to comment to say I think what you're doing is amazing. It's impossible to find healthy foods in vending machines, your business is something that's been needed for a long time. I hope it takes off and you become rich! Do you have any plans to try to get in schools?

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's so cool! Y'all are awesome with your business endeavors. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How cool! I am so glad to see you guys are getting closer to setting the machine up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's exciting about your vending machine business. Looks like great stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hah wow SO MUCH FOOD! thats awesome!!
    oh man id love to go to a vending machine w. that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  23. HOW EXCITING! Lots of work but I am sure the payoff will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome! How much do the items cost? Just curious if they are more expansive than the junk foods.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh--how I would love to be a house guest right about now hehe! I just am IN LOVE with the concept of your healthy vending machines--you should get some on campuses!! Would you mind if I spread the word about your awesome scape on my blog once it gets up and going?!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow thats so exciting! I LOVE your blog- I use to manage a gym! Im a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow that is awesome! Congrats on getting started, and all of thost snacks sound amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lesley, thanks so much for the sweet comment yesterday. Meant a lot. By the way, I read your blog all the time, but dont comment much cause I have trouble sometimes,,I need to do it 3 or 4 times...strange !
    anyway...those raw revolution bars and applesauce look interesting
    Have a nice day pretty lady.

    ReplyDelete
  29. SO COOL!!! We wouldn't even be able to fit all that food in our tiny apartment. good thing I'm not in that business. I bet you are having so much fun with it though. If I had a vending machine, I would definitely use you guys, and get all that healthy food stocked up in it. All of the brands are so healthy and nourishing, I wish ALL vending machines had foods like yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections