Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Vending & Fitness Updates

Hello! :)

Random FYI: thus far, I love blogging less often! Ha. I’m sure my blogging amounts will vary from season to season but it’s nice not to feel like I have to blog and I’ve been enjoying life much more. Why do we always put unnecessary pressure on ourselves? (Or maybe I’m the only one who does that? ; )

I thought I’d give everyone an update on some of our life activities …

Originally Organic Vending

Upon getting the food for our 1st five machines, we quickly realized it was a lot more than we expected! We were going to purchase an enclosed trailer to haul with our normal vehicles. However, that wouldn’t allow room for growth (and we want to grow!) so we decided to go with a cargo van. We’re going to decal it and then pictures will follow!

Anyways, Erik is now driving around a white Chevy 3500 and he enjoys it WAY too much, haha. Maybe we should paint it black and put a red spoiler and stripe down the middle? ; ) DPP_0001
Gettin’ the goods all ready to go … DPP_0002 The most exciting update for the business is that the machines are here!! (3 of them anyways … still working out kinks with other 2 locations). Sad part is, I haven’t seem them in person yet!! : ( I had to live vicariously through Erik’s picture texts today. Here’s some “sneak peek” pictures via cell phone …

As soon as I can, I’ll get “real” pictures!
aaaarv2 Fitness

We’re still going at it! Ha. We unintentionally took almost a week break as all our vending stuff has been unfolding, but we’re back …

Poor Erik always runs out of plates … maybe someday I’ll let him get more, ha. DPP_0003 DPP_0004
I think I was trying to make a weird face … but I don’t think it turned out being a very good weird, ha. Oh well!  A French Meadow Bakery

I received a package from French Meadow Bakery about a week ago and here is what was included …

  • Hemp bagels
  • Sprouted bread
  • Gluten free tortillas
  • Gluten free pizza crusts
  • Tote and info

DPP_0003

Though I don’t worry about eating gluten free, I appreciate the company’s many gluten free products.

We tried the tortillas and though they were good, they kinda majorly fell apart. Unfortunately, the pizza crusts got moldy in less than a week so I had to throw them out. (I should have stuck them in the freezer!!)  But hemp bagels … yes! I love the taste of hemp breads! And you all know I’m not one to turn down some good sprouted bread : )

Thanks, French Meadow!

And that’s a wrap! Hope your week is going well :D

image

27 comments:

  1. Oh man...I would be SO excited if I saw one of your vending machines somewhere, seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting the business up and running. I am sure you have been so busy with that lately. Even though I have missed you, I totally understand that life is so much more important than blogging sometimes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for your business! YEA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The machines look awesome, so cute (never thought I'd call a vending machine cute, haha)! I'm so happy for you and wish you the very best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're definitely NOT the only person who puts unnecessary pressure on themselves ;)

    The machines look awesome! I would be so excited if I saw one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lesley, please bring your amazing vending business to my school! I'll bet it'll sell like hot pancakes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE those hemp bagels!

    I want one of your vending machines in my office! :D I wish you the best with the new business!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would be so stoked to have your vending machines EVERYWHERE. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. ow! The vending machines look great! You guys must be super excited. Fun new products to try. Those bagels sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH...I so know what you mean about putting too much pressure on yourself!!
    Congrats on getting your business up and running!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They soooo need to put those in every single workplace rather than the cheetos and doritos. I hate it when my tortillas fall apart and it stinks b/c a lot of the "healthier" ones seem to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on getting everything going!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW - you guys are rockin the vending machines! I love that you are both so passionate about it! =)
    PS - I must try those hemp bagels!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are great vending machines. A lot of those snacks are in my pantry.

    I love French Mountain Bakery foods. So good :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The machine IS cute! Wish we had one here. :) Q to your last comment, it's only on TTH, but I am tired all the time, I guess I have to SCHEDULE in my sleep and eats. ha, have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of hard work but the payoff will be good! Congrats!

    Love the weight lifting pics too.. you know I do!

    And bread/bagels .. love that! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by and saying hello! I have to say this is a fantastic idea!!!! I've just started my family on the "Eating Clean Diet" Not an easy task at first but I can't wait to look and feel better but most of all BE healthy!! Where will these machines be located???

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hear ya girl -- I've been taking lots of "time off" from blogging lately and it's so liberating! enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So neat that your machines are in! I can't wait to hear more about how everything goes.

    I enjoy taking breaks from blogging. I much prefer an every other day (or even less) schedule. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh my gosh! you're in business! and an awesome idea at that!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't -think- I knew about your vending business! I LOVE it! Pop Chips, Pirates Booty! : ) Awesome, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think we always seem to put unnecessary pressure on ourselves, that's just our personality! Enjoy the extra time for yourself, that's important :) I would love your vending machines, you guys need to go national :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. i used to be so stressed about blogging daily but it was self imposed for sure. now i wish i blogged a lil more often sometimes but life gets in the way! i'd rather work blogging into my night than MAKE blogging my night, ya know??

    vending machine goodies look DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooo so glad to see the vending machines up and running! They are very eye catching and look at all those gooodies inside. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like a fun package of food to try!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey there just stumbled upon your blog! I LOVE what you are doing with the vending machines. It's about time someone came up with some with healthy snacks on the go. Good for you!!!

    xo
    Jocelyn

    http://peacelovenutrition.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think your business is shaping up pretty well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections