Saturday, January 2, 2010

Cold weather, hot tea, Matisyahu, paint, and Amy’s pizza

I love three day weekends!

Erik and I have gotten a lot done in our house; painting, rearranging, redoing the basement, etc.

We slept in and woke up to really cold weather …Capture

BRR!  I immediately made some hot tea, complete in a Christmas mug :)AAA

We lounged around for a couple hours before we got to work. Adrian was being funny this morning and I couldn’t help but take some pictures. Erik is being licked, ha. AAAA AAAAA AAAAAA AAAAAAA

I also listed to this song by Matisyahu several (plus a few) times. I love it! Such great lyrics!

Matisyahu

The rest of the day pretty much consisted of paint, Amy’s pizza, Larabars, laundry, and cleaning. AA I’m thankful for Amy’s pizza on a busy day!  My pizza of choice was pesto … yum! The only thing I don’t like is how salty they are … they make me really thirsty! Throughout the day, I probably ate about half of the pizza and a few nibbles. A

I can not wait to show you all our new gym! Erik has been hard at work all week (plus some) and we’ve got one AWESOME home gym … it will be perfect for my figure competition prep I mentioned in my 2010 goals post ; ) Pictures will soon follow : )

Anything exciting going on in your life this weekend?

image

18 comments:

  1. It was super cold where I live, too. I don't know about it being in the negatives, though! O_O Windchill is evil.

    Pesto on pizza sounds so tasty, though I never eat frozen foods. Love the veggies! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrr...we weren't below 0, but when I left for yoga at 8 this morning it was three degrees! I'll be back in Houston in a week where it's a toasty 50!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love Matisyahu! I have been waiting for something new from him for awhile! Wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your blog. It has a really great balance between food, family and healthy living. It was the very first one I started following and that opened the big can of worms that is blogging! It inspired me to want to live a more well rounded life and to be more responsible for what Im fueling my body with. So thank you and I will continue to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. -8...that's crazy!!!

    I love Matisyahu! He's on several of my long run mixes :-)

    Can't wait to see the new pics of your home gym!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow, negative 8 degrees?! No thanks! Glad you guys stayed in and had a nice, warm day inside. I can't wait to see your home gym pictures. That Amy's pizza looks fantastic. We don't do that very often because I don't eat wheat, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for a gluten free version of that pizza with pesto!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I commented yet on your decision to do a fitness competition. I think you will do great and have fun along the way. I look forward to reading about your training!!

    Your dogs are beautiful! Are they huskies?

    ReplyDelete
  7. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Great lyrics! Thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. negative 8!! ugh thats gross. its like 3 degrees here right now and i totally don't want to move.

    amy's pizza is making me think about what i want for luuuunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. im not a huge pesto lover (ok, i dont like it at all) but im all about amy's...she knows how to make some good a$$ eats.

    happy 2010 lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've had snow forever (or so it seems) and it has been freezing cold this weekend!! This weekend has been pretty quiet as my husband is working, but I am in the process of e-mailing him to see if we can at least get some dinner out at a nice sit down somewhere this evening.

    By the way I think this is my first time to your blog...so feel free to stop by my blog and say hello as well. And...I am always looking for new followers at my blog...so if you follow my blog, I'll follow yours back!!

    Happy, Happy New Year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your dogs. Their photos make me want to hug them!

    Sounds like you've been BUSY. Can't wait to see gym pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dogs are so sweet!! :) Love the kisses!!

    Love the pain color too! We are going to do a wall that color in our house soon!! :)

    Big hugs,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  13. so chilly!! but you have some delicious tea in a cute mug to warm you right up! I LOVE matisyahu :) great lyrics!!

    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ahh love those pizzas!
    THOSE ARE MY FAV DOGS EVER
    those eyes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so jealous! There's tons of house stuff I wanted to get to but there just wasn't time. :( I know - Amy's pizzas are salty! I'm glad someone else said it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. aw you poor thing!! stay warm, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to cuddle with your dogs! They are so pretty :)

    haha and the "Feels Like" temp on the weather always makes me cringe...I just would rather not know!

    Looking forward to pics of the new gym!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh, your dog is so gorgeous! I love those blue eyes. Hope you're keeping warm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections