Thursday, January 7, 2010

Before and after; back and dinner

Happy almost weekend!!! Hooray!

Thanks for all the juicing suggestions … I’ll keep them all in mind!

Remember in my gym tour video I told you I’d post a before picture of your new gym room? Well, I forgot … so here it is now: image Pretty bad, huh?? Yeah, it’s MUCH better now!

Tonight I came home to our newest piece of gym equipment … some “mat” flooring to go under our dumbbells. Love it! Only problem we might have? Thus far, it seem to be a dirt and dog hair magnet, ha! We’ll just have to sweep a lot!AAAAAAAAAAAAA Tonight as far as lifting was concerned … it was back night. Ha, I could easily have called it frustrating night. I’ve always had a hard time really focusing on working my back effectively, and in the right places! So we worked on that a lot.

(Please excuse the laundry in the background … Erik did a lot of it today! He’s the best!)AA AAA AAAAAAAA

As you can see, Erik was wearing his special lifting shoes tonight. They are oftentimes otherwise known as slippers, or house shoes. Haha.

AAAA AAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA      And then after lifting as Erik was walking out the door to run a few errands for his dad he told me, “I left you a little hint on the counter of what I want for dinner".

I was just kinda like … okay? Ha, here is what I saw when I went into the kitchen … AAIt made me laugh! He even took out all the seasonings and pots and pans.   So … pasta with ground turkey it was.

Here is dinner being born …. yum!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAThe dogs were more than willing to help me cook and all sat right outside of the kitchen just in case I dropped any food. (They always pick it up for me ; )

P.S. Why there is a stamp on the floor by Adrian’s leg, I have no idea!A

That’s all that’s going on in my evening … and now … the weekend ; )

Any fun weekend plans??

image

23 comments:

  1. that's hilarious/awesome that he took out everything that you would need to make what he wanted for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That before picture is crazy!! You guys did awesome work making over that space into a workout area!

    Love those pooch pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol - if that's not a hint then I don't know what is! Looks great! How do you like those noodles? I have the same kind and I find them very sticky when they are done. I have to drain the water halfway through as well because it is so milky. I have switched to quinoa noodles as they cook much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gym looks amazing! I am insanely jealous. It must be so nice to be able to work out at home. I love how you were left a hint for dinner which looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bah, Bubba (that's his name, right?) DWARFS Adrian? What kind of dog is he again?

    Your gym looks awesome, definitely somewhere I would want to get my work-out on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just think it's so awesome you guys have a gym right under your nose.

    haha and that is just too funny about pre-dinner hint, which looks really delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm that dinner looks so good!
    such a great idea having ur own gym..not having to worry bout the weather or crowds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your gym looks AMAZING! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're making me SO want a home gym! I'd love to work out with Josh. The pasta sauce looks fantastic. Hooray for Erik for doing all that laundry! Josh did a bundle of dishes and emptied the dish washer for me yesterday. Coming home to that after a busy day really made me smile

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM!!! That's all I can really say on that dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. In the very first picture with the laundry in the background you look so so focused. Its like no messing with me kinda look...lol!

    Delicious dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My bf loves to lift so I envy your living situation--I feel like we'd inspire each other to push harder if we lived together and had our own gym! In time, in time... :D

    Saw your post about juice suggestions too and figured I'd pass along my everyday combo: big handful romaine and/or kale, 2-4 carrots, 1 apple, 1/2 cucumber, 1/4 lemon or 1/2 lime and maybe a couple inches of ginger. My favorite!

    Enjoy your juicer! It's life-changing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg! that basement gym is awesome!! congrats on the renovation! :) I loved this post- so cool to see you guys lifting even if it is in slippers!

    haha- nice hint on dinner, you did a fab job! I didn't know you guys ate GF ?? I make that pasta all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You guys have done an amazing job in that room. Love the door. It's nice that you had company while making dinner. Your spaghetti sauce looks amazing. Is that zucchini?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so jealous of your home gym!!! My back always grew fast! Even now, with age, it still hangs in there BUT the good thing for me, my waist never gets small due to body type SO having a wider back/shoulder area give me the appearance of a waist!!! :-)

    Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your dogs are the cutest!! Lance helps me clean up too!! Lovely creatures aren't they??

    Dinner looks yummy, what time should I come over!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you and erik are so lucky to have a home gym! don't even have to leave the house for a solid workout! ugh i'm officially jealous :)

    haha i LOVE that everything was laid out for dinner :) so cute

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are some great before and after pictures!

    We're away for a hockey tourny this weekend. Should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that "subtle" hint!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your weight room looks so nice! You guys did a lot of work.

    Haha, love Eric's "special" lifting shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Certainly a great transformation from before. I am so jealous of your gym ;)

    haha I have the hardest time deciding what to make for dinner sometimes, I wish someone would set out "hints" for me!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how you could do a t-bar row type of exercise by using a bar and plate. Too funny that your husband put out all the ingredients - that is too cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections