Sunday, January 3, 2010

Leg Day: the last day I’ll be walking this week ; )

Happy end of the weekend, everyone!

We had a nice Sunday, though we woke up to even more snow and even more cold! We slept until 8, went to church at 11 and then ate at Chipotle. I usually get a salad, but today I had a burrito bowl because I wanted plenty of carbs for my workout later. The ingredients were: rice, black beans, steak, a little corn salsa, a little tomato salsa, a little cheese, and some lettuce. Yum! A

Erik got a burrito with about the same ingredients minus steak, plus chicken.AA When we got home, I drank some tea (cold weather calls for large amounts of tea to be consumed ; ) And then it was off to the gym! (or rather, downstairs to the gym).

We still have to move some things around, but these pictures will give you a general idea of what our newly renovated downstairs gym looks like. I plan to do a complete post to give you the tour later on … perhaps even a video post, so stay tuned!

Anyways, today began my 2010 workout prep for my figure competition. It’s quite a ways away but I figure it’s never too early to start! I’d rather have plenty of time than not enough. I started out with a bang and did legs today.

First, I jumped on the elliptical for 15 minutes to get my body warmed up.AAA I must start out by saying that squats and lunges (and, well, legs in general) are the WORST but they also make me feel the most hardcore. Let’s just say I am going to be SO sore the next few days and I may have trouble with stairs ; )

My leg workout was as follows:

Squats: 5 sets of 20 reps, 45 pounds.AAAA

Rocky and Adrian helped … obviously ; ) 

P.S. If you’re wondering what that weird color is on Rocky, it’s the new color of my bathroom. She decided to say hi to me while I was painting and walked against the wall.AAAAA

Lunges: 5 sets of 20 reps each leg, 15 lb dumbbells in each handAAAAAA

Every time I do legs and get done with squats and lunges, I joke that I finally got the two devils out of the way.  If you don’t know what I’m talking about, you’re either not doing them right or you’ve never done them, haha ; )

I was sure to snap a picture or two of Erik as well : ) AAAAAAA

Leg extensions: 5 sets of 20 reps, 80 pounds.AAAAAAAAAAA  Hamstring curls: 5 sets of 20 reps, 45 pounds AAAAAAAA

Calf raises: 5 sets of 20 reps on each leg holding 25 lb dumbbellAAAAAAAAAA I finished it up with another 15 minutes of easy cardio.

And that’s it for now : ) Hopefully I’ll get the official new gym tour up soon!

How was your weekend?

image

25 comments:

  1. Mmm... that Chipotle looks fabulous!!! And I love this photo-tour. Sounds like a great workout to end the week. :)

    xxoo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home gym looks awesome!

    Hope you aren't too sore after that leg workout! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you make lifting look so effortless and sexy? I'm jealous of your amazing home gym!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous of your totally deluxe weight/work out room!

    I have a small area in my basement, but usually have to move kids toys, the video games to the side in order to work out!

    Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you have your own gym downstairs! that is just so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahah i love the title of this!
    GIRL your gym is awesome
    and your work out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh man, your gym looks sickkk! ...And your workout outfit is soo cute, I wish I could look that good when working out! hahah

    ps- the Salad looks phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your gym is hard core!! The colors are great, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your strength workouts are so motivational. I really have to push myself, but after I finish, I feel so good about myself and I know my body benefits from it IMMENSELY! :)

    But I must say, I am so jealous of your in-home gym. If I lived near you, I think I would ask you if I could join. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. GIRL! The gym looks fabulous. I think its so exciting that you are aiming for a figure competition- you will totally rock it. Keep up the good work and hope your week treats you well

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome gym and great pics of you working out. I love that pink top! Also such a glorious looking salad, I might just have to copy you in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh, that burrito..ahhh, that burrito...ahhh, that burrito

    sorry, but my brain is stuck on that burrito.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sssoo awesome girl! You are so inspiring! I wish you the best of luck in your training!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a serious home gym! GOod luck on your training!

    ReplyDelete
  15. holy cow, reading your workout almost makes my legs sore.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The gym looks fabulous! And you've got some great equipment, too. I agree 100% the squats and lunges are devils. I think they inflict the worst pain ever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lesley, you know my love of weights so I LOVE THIS POST & seeing you do your stuff! Also like that you are giving plenty of time for contest prep. IT DOES TAKE TIME! I know from my amateur bodybuilding days! The dieting is UGH though! :-)

    That is one HUGE burrito!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, from what I see the gym looks fantastic!! Looks like you're off to a great start. Even when I do one set of lunges, back and forth in my apartment, I am sore!! I can't imagine your pain...but it'll be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ha! i know exactly what you mean about the squats and lunges. i hateeee lunges because it reminds me of the ridiculous amounts that i used to have to do during volleyball season back in the day. but i do them anyways because i know how good they work zee buttocks and such.

    what an awesome workout room girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha, ha! I love your title. I missed the post about your figure competition. How exciting! I've always loved seeing those competitions. All that hard work and determination. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. that lunch looks AMAZING! So does your gym.. so super jealous. I Would probably work out more if I had a gym kicking around downstairs!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is one bad-a$$ home gym you have! I like it--no excuses not to work out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Whoa baby I don't think I would be able to move, much less walk, after those leg exercises! You're awesome :) And I agree, squats are one exercise that always makes me feel pretty hardcore.

    Love the gym! I'm so jealous it's at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  24. yeah, sometimes it happens you let your car leave, or an outage with car, so it comes our leg day, but sometimes is so tiring but we have to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections