Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cold night in Kansas City

Obsessed with blogging enough? Ha. We went to Kansas City tonight and I brought my laptop so I could blog on the way home! Yes, I’m weird.

Anyways, first off, thanks for all the positive feedback on my first video post! : ) You all made me smile! More videos to come!

After work tonight I rushed home, changed, worked out (bis and tris), changed again and off we were …

As I mentioned last night, we went to Blue Bird Bistro tonight with a couple of my coworkers (they’re friends too, haha) and their significant others. As we were pulling into the Big City, I tried to snap a few decent pictures. (I’m still trying to learn how to take good pictures, ha).AAAAAAAAAAA

We had a good time and ended up hangin’ out and laughing for almost 3 hours.

I ordered the same thing as last time … stuffed acorn squash.

“Organic Garden acorn squash stuffed with organic quinoa, organic sliced almonds, and organic raisins drizzled with Elmer Gingrich Farm sorghum syrup and served on a bed of JCCC Farm spinach”

AA

Yes, it’s good! Ha, one thing I like so far about my figure competition “bulking” diet is that I get to consume a large amount of carbs! :) My squash wasn’t quite as good as last time I had it there but I still enjoyed it!

Erik was extra hungry (well, that’s actually a normal amount of Erik food, ha) and got two bison burgers. Sadly, they had a very weird, tough texture and tasted very salty. It must have been an “off” night because normally they’re really good.AAAA And here’s a lovely picture of us girls : )A    

We just pulled into our garage,  it’s about 11:00, I have to get up at 5:30 and I need to go to bed!!!

Did anyone watch Biggest Loser tonight? Erik and I recorded it so we can watch it later ; )

Happy Wednesday!

image

16 comments:

  1. Love you highlights, Lesley! And haha, totally can relate to your blog obsession. That stuffed squash looks incredible! And I have yet to try bison...but I heard wonderful things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watched BL. It's going to be a great season!

    Glad you had fun with your coworkers. Isn't it sad when a restaurant has an "off" night. No one wants to pay $$$ for so-so food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures of the city. Your stuffed squash looks just amazing. I love restaurants that have cool/unique options like that. I started to watch biggest loser but Josh wasn't having it and changed the channel haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to Kansas City, but your photos make me want to check it out. Well, probably in the summer time, anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, waht a fun night with friends! All the food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures of the city are SO cool! I love the sense of motion in the lights! The picture of you and your co-workers is awesome - y'all are gorgeous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched Biggest Loser last night, and for some reason it didn't really hold my attention like it normally does. But all of the contestants this season are BIG, and it's going to be so crazy to watch them drop like 20 pounds every week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww i love girls nights!!
    stuffed acorn squash sounds SO great!
    there you go again making me jelous with your AWESOME hair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate it when restaurants I usually like have an off night, it's always so disappointing. That acorn squash at least looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for posting the fun video tour! what a great gym. i have TBL recorded too, and i cant wait to watch it! i always forget how quickly they start airing a new season.

    sorry all the food wasnt as fabulous as usual, but it looks delicious! i can't believe they have quinoa stuffed acorn squash on the menu...im jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm waiting to watch BL when it comes online. Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful pics. Love the hair by the way!

    I recorded TBL, watched some last night & the rest today... wow is all I can say!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh the things we do to fulfill our blogging duties :) Sounds like a lovely evening! and enjoy TBL.. it was crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your dinner looks yummy! I haven't watched the Biggest Loser yet, it seems like I only watch it mostly towards the last few episodes (but I'm recording it for motivation!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a fun night! I love the pictures of the city!

    ReplyDelete
  16. MMmm that dinner looks incredible!! And such a cute picture of you and your friends :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections