Monday, May 30, 2011

PizzaBella

The weather has been beautiful this Memorial Day weekend here in Kansas City! It definitely feels like summer, and it’s making me crave a pool, a comfy chair, some sunglasses, and a cold drink.

Here’s a few things we’ve been up to lately:

PizzaBella

Friday night we grabbed some pizza at PizzaBella.

2 out

PizzaBella is located in the Crossroads Arts District of KC, serving wood-fire baked pizzas and antipastas.

2 imside

Since I absolutely love mushrooms + onions, I got the Mushroom Pizza which includes “mushroom, roasted onions, taleggio, and thyme”.

2 Mushroom pizza

True to form, Erik went with the Margherita which of course consisted of tomato, garlic, basil, and fresh mozzarella.

2 mar pizza

The Margherita definitely reined supreme.  I mean, just look at that garlic! Delicious.

The décor and vibe are nice. Inside has a modern look and feel, near a couple wood burning pizza ovens adding that element of comfort and authenticity.

2 in2 inside

I had my eye on their Brussel Sprouts Antipasta.  By the sounds of it, I’m pretty sure I’d love it.  Maybe I’ll have to try that next time!

Random Recent Favorite

In other news, it sounded fun to share what we’ve been loving lately.  Fresh Fervere bread:

A

They most definitely deserve a blog post of their own, so I’ll save the details for later.  But basically, it’s a local bread shop that makes delicious, beautiful, handcrafted bread made with organic flour!

image_thumb3

Who are the lucky ones that have Monday off??  One con to being self employed at home is that you don’t really get to take days like Memorial Day off … oh well!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections