Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Good Belly Ice Cream

I forgot to say it in my last post, so HAPPY MAY!!

I was reminiscing on May 1st about May baskets.  Did anyone else make May baskets when you were little? I asked Erik and he didn’t have a clue what I was talking about … then again, maybe it was just a girl thing?

Dinner

Speaking of reminiscing, it’s definitely been a long time since I’ve had a hotdog! So that’s what we had for dinner.  But, of course, these were not your ordinary hotdogs.A We picked up some of these at Whole Foods last time we were there.  The ingredients were simply:

“Organic grass-fed beef, water, and less than 2% of the following: sea salt, celery powder, organic onion powder, organic spices, organic paprika”AA They tasted a little too salty than we’re used to, but a nice change for a very simple, fast, and once-in-awhile dinner. (Can you tell I like ketchup? ha)
AAA AAAA Good Belly

We also got some Good Belly juice. It was on sale, and I’ve heard good things about it.
EEE F
It was really good, we especially loved the black currant flavor.  Thus, Good Belly ice cream was born:

Black Currant Good Belly Ice Cream
B  We’re loving our new ice cream maker!  I can’t take any credit for this though, it was Erik’s creation!

Ingredients:
-- 2 cups local goat yogurt (regular yogurt will do just fine too)
-- 1 cup Black Currant Good Belly
-- 2 TB agave nectar
-- 1/4 cup organic heavy whipping cream

Directions:
-- Mix ingredients together, place into electric ice cream maker, and let stir until hardened
CC  We loved this, Erik did good.  It tasted light and delicious, and has just enough sweetness!
CCC DD Local Eats

Last but not least, Lesley Lifting Life is now a Kansas City Local Eats featured blog! You can check it out by clicking on the new icon on sidebar of my blog, or by clicking here.

And that’s all for me! Erik and I have been watching Kitchen Nightmares on BBC all evening, love that show! (We recorded The Voice to watch later ; )

What’s your favorite TV night?

image_thumb_thumb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections