Monday, May 9, 2011

Fresher than Fresh

I hope everyone had a happy Mother’s Day!!

I posted my absolutely favorite Mother’s  Day “song” on my Facebook page, which can be found here.  It’s a good one, I promise, you should definitely check it out.

Sunday Afternoon

I don’t know about you, but I love weekends, especially when the weather has warmed up.  Thus, our wonderful Sunday afternoon was born. We started it out eating at Westside Local after church.

We both got the grilled chicken sandwich.  It was awesome, just like about everything else there!

BBB

And I love the art work they have hanging up right now.  I can’t remember the artist’s name, but they’re really neat!

BBBBBB

Fresher Than Fresh Snow Cones

After eating, we ventured right across the street to get snow cones.  We discovered Fresher Than Fresh all natural snow cones on Facebook a couple months ago, and I’m glad we did!  Oh, the perks of actually living in Kansas City now!

CCCC

Fresher Than Fresh is housed is a vintage, very cool camper on the corner of 17th and Summit on Sundays from 12-7.

With a mission is “to please modern tastebuds that are looking for the fun and refreshment without all the artificial stuff”,  their snow cones are made from 100% natural ingredients without any artificial colors or flavors.


D EE
The flavors are very unique, and very delicious!

I was so excited to discover them, as I absolutely LOVED snow cones when I was little (and still do!), and I have really good memories of eating them all summer at the pool, and in the park.

DD

Right next to the camper is “the garden”, where there’s some fun places to sit and enjoy the warm weather.

DDDCCC DDDDE

I went with Blueberry Sage, and it definitely didn’t disappoint!  Erik got Pineapple Serrano Pepper, which was equally delicious in a completely different way.

EEEE

We walked around in the neighborhood while eating our snow cones, took random pictures, and loved the beautiful weather!
FF FFFFEEE

Perfect end of the weekend!

Coming soon … my new homemade strawberry ice cream recipe.

Random fact: if you’re anything like me and Erik, and if you’ve ever thought about getting an ice cream maker, DO IT, it will be a good investment.  We use ours all the time!

image_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections