Monday, April 27, 2009

Gran Torino, Green Tea, and Grilling

Good day! (ha, i just accidentally reminded myself of Paul Harvey)

How was your weekend?? Ours was good (I think weekends are always good!)

Sunday afternoon Erik and I went and saw Gran Torino at our two dollar movie theater and we thought it was really good. I would definitely recommend it!

Then we came home and to start dinner. We bought a simple charcoal grill this weekend because we didn't have a grill and this nice weather we've been having has made us really want to grill!! We kept it simple with grilled chicken and grilled veggies. So, I got the veggies together and chopped and seasoned them and the chicken and on the grill they went.

While it was cooking, I drank some of this: Stash's iced blueberry green tea powder. I saw it the other day at our grocery store, Hyvee and thought it would make drinking cold tea a lot easier while at work. I put in one packet of Truvia and it was really good!

(Speaking of Hyvee, I was excited today to see them carrying Buitoni's pasta now ... hooray!! I didn't expect to see any in my town and after sampling some this is definitely something my husband and I will purchase from time to time).

While waiting for our food, we snapped a few pictures and they mostly all turned out blurry but here's a few anyways ... Next up ... my husband tending to the grill: And the final product: Veggies consisted of all the veggies I had in my fridge, as we were running bare! Cherry tomatoes, Brussels, broccoli, and assorted colors of sweet peppers.Mid-way through grilling, the tornado sirens started going off. Though it didn't look like it was going to tornado at all, we decided to bring the dogs in and eat downstairs while watching a movie. Here's Rocky wanting some food: BoldTonight, we grilled a big salmon fillet and more veggies (pictures to come later ; )

Until then, have a great week and I hope you're enjoying nice weather!!
(It's rainy here).

"If we only have the will to walk, then God is pleased with our stumbles."
-C.S. Lewis-

39 comments:

  1. Cutest couple!! I need to look out for that green tea, I'm not a huge fan of hot tea but I love refreshing iced/sweet tea in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh, you two are adorable. And Stash tea is great! My coworker over the summer always had a big lot of it in the office to share. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tornado warning?!!! Yikes!
    Such cute pics!! You guys are such healthy eaters:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww puppy!! What a cutie! Those veggies look insanely good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The iced blueberry green tea sounds good for this hot weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love grilling out! Your dinner looks so fabulous! Tornado? Thats craziness! I think I'd freak!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grills area amazing! Everytime we're out Ross tells me how much we need one. :)

    You guys are so cute and have such cute pups too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a cute couple! You're lucky to have a husband who cooks for you and trains with you! :) I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for spring time grilling!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blueberry green tea sounds so good!

    Nice pictures of you and your hubby plus also rocky :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love grilling in warm weather! It's a great way to keep the kitchen cool. Love all your colorful veggies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just talking to the boyfriend about how both of us are completely grill-stupid. I think you and the hubs should come teach me the magical ways of grilling because your dinner looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. aw, so jealous of your grill! i miss having mine, especially with this stretch of nice weather! great looking dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. yummy veggies. grilling is so much fun. i look forward to it every year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love grilling! It's my favorite thing to do during this time of year!

    (We actually just got into trouble from one of our neighbors, who of course is German. She said the grill stunk and we needed to shut it off. We were cooking chicken for Pete's sake! To me it smells WONDERFUL! So I guess we won't be grilling this summer)

    You guys are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love you guys! you are always so cute togehter :) and that dinner looks amazinggggg. drool city

    ReplyDelete
  17. Blueberry green tea sounds so refreshing! You guys are the cutest couple!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that grilling weather is here finally! Now I just need to get a grill. :-) Your dinner looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love grilling weather! I'm glad you decided to hit the basement during the tornado drills ... remember they go off when the conditions are just right, so even if it doesn't look like anything, it's better to be safe than sorry. Thanks for sharing the food photos - I take away great ideas from them! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  20. tornado sirens! eeek!

    i loved gran torino, too. sounds like a fun weekend...ahh summer bbqing

    as usual, cute pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The veggies look so good!!!! I have my dad's grill out back but I have never used it. I don't even know how, actually. I've never grilled before. I am afraid I might blow something up! HA! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, we just loved Gran Torino! That dinner looks great. Isn't grilling just the best?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  23. GREAT investment on the grill! Mine is pretty old, i think someone even gave their old one to us and as long as it keeps grilling i am happy :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. yum your grilled dinner looks so great and healthy and delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. that looks yummy =)

    hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awww yay its bbq season :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey hun! How are you doing? I'm back from v-cay now and catching up on the blogworld. Glad to hear that you've been having a great week and your grilled dinner looks great.

    Take care and talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm so glad it's grill season again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love grilling dinners! I have never grilled veggies though.. great idea to chop and throw them in foil to do it. That would freak me out to live in tornado land and hear the siren wail!

    ReplyDelete
  30. your pictures are soooo cute!!!! I love gran torino - amazing movie!

    ReplyDelete
  31. that green tea powder got my head rolling...I wonder...I think it'll taste good in oatmeal, yes it will!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Grilled food is the bestest :) I wish I had a grill...George Foreman doesnt' count.

    ReplyDelete
  33. 2 dollar movie theater?! I feel like NYC would actually consider that illegal, harumph. Grilling is definitely the best part of the weather turning warmer!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. you are an adorable couple!
    and that is totally my kind of meal!! YUMMMMMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  35. That tea looks yummy! And I love the pictures of you and the hubby- so cute of you two! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections