Monday, April 20, 2009

KC Juice and Some Groceries

Hello : )

How was your weekend?? Ours was very good. Weekends never last quite long enough though, in my opinion!

As mentioned in my last blog, Erik and I ventured to Kansas City on Saturday and had a great time together. We munched one natural almonds, walnuts and raisins on the way there. I love my best friend and how neat that he's even my husband!! ; ) Upon arriving, we started out by getting smoothies from KC Juice. This place is quickly becoming somewhere we always want to stop while we're there! They're a specialty smoothie store that uses local product and distributors, fresh fruit (no powders), non fat yogurt, and low fat sherbets in their smoothies. Yum!! If you're ever in the Westport area of KC, check them out! Keep up the good work, KC Juice! Here's me with my giant fruity and delicious smoothie and messed up, wind-blown hair, haha.

Since we were near-by, we stopped at a little tiny Whole Foods in the area so I could finally use my Oikos greek yogurt coupons ... hooray!! They only had vanilla and plain so I got two of each. My thoughts = I love greek yogurt so this was definitely not a disappointment. I don't know that I have a favorite brand of greek yogurt, as most of the time we just make it ourselves. If you for some reason have never tried greek yogurt, Oikos is definitely a great place to start! Thanks for the samples, Stoneyfield!Along with stopping at Whole Foods and picking up a few things we found a really neat market that I'm sure we'll be visiting again called Cosentino's Downtown Gourmet Market that we had never been to and picked up a few things there. -Ricemilk (we've never had it before and decided to try it because it was cheaper than almond milk)
-Couple different teas
-Cinnamon
-Ezekiel bread
-Nectar cacao bars (we don't normally buy bars but they were on sale so we thought, why not?)
-Whole wheat pitas (I'm excited about these!)

For part of my dinner last night, I had a half of a pita with chicken, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and an original light laughing cow inside and it was VERY tasty (though I had a hard time fitting everything in it, haha!) I hope your week is off to a wonderful start! The weather here this week is only supposed to get better and I'm pretty excited about that! : )

Stay tuned for my next post about fitness and how to get motivated!

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."
-Sir Winston Churchill
-

51 comments:

  1. The weekends ALWAYS fly by - not cool, haha.

    WINSTON CHURCHILL!!!!!!! One of my top inspirations in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great weekend and good groceries shopping! Enjoy those oikos, they're great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and the hubs are CUTE!! Fabulous grocery haul - Oikos is divine! That pita sandwich is bursting with deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice groceries!!! you and your hubby are adorable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your husband are so cute! I love reading about your adventures

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pita looks yummy! I'll be interested to hear how you like the ricemilk. I've seen it a few times but never tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so fun! Love your highlights girl :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahh lesley i LOVE your hair. i'm glad that you had a great time with your hubby this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that quote!

    I just used my oikos coupons today too! I had such a hard time finding a grocery store that carried it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun weekend! I have that trouble with pitas too - trying to fit everything inside. Maybe that's part of the trick - you can't fit alot of stuff in there, so it's automatic portion control? lol

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow that pita looks great. have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That pita looks great! I love cherry tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That juice sounds great@ I'm glad you had a fun weekend with your hubby! Its so sweet you two are great friends. Thats how me and my hubs are and I cant imagine people who have it differently!

    ReplyDelete
  15. KC juice sounds really good! You and your husband always look so happy. :)

    It looks like you found some wonderful things in WF and the gourmet shop!

    I'm going to try to get to the 8 things tag tomorrow. I've been so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I see you're an Oikos fan! I've only tried Fage myself. what is the difference?

    ReplyDelete
  17. You and your hubs are so cute together!

    I'm so anxious to try Oikos. I've had Fage and Chobani and really like them, so I'm guessing I'll like Oikos, too. If only they had it at ALL the stores around here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a great weekend! I love the look of that pita, I haven't tried that brand of greek yogurt yet. I typically buy the Trader Joe's brand.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You two are so cute!!!!!! :)

    Greek yogurt and laughing cow cheese... a couple of my favs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun! That KC sounds great and super healthy.
    Your dinner looks great. and HUGE! I bet it was delish ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, you guys are so cute! And how nice that he's your best friend!! Awwwww!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lesley,

    I have to admit that my husband and I do not eat very healthy. I try and eat a few healthy things during the day and exercise, however, I love reading your blog!

    Have a great day, Cuz!

    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like you had such a fun weekend with your husband! KC Juice sounds like a neat place.

    Love your stuffed to the brim pita!

    ReplyDelete
  24. whoa, i got confused when i saw the other elise comment above...i dont know any other elises!! anyways, sounds like you had a fun weekend. that smoothie place sounds great, and i think im still a bigger fan of chobani than oikos...although i do go back and forth.
    you and the hubs look as cute as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You two are super cute together. I feel the same way about being married to my best friend. Wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yummy pita, I have the same dinner plate!

    ReplyDelete
  27. sounds like you had so much fun! love all the groceries, and your hair looks so perdyyyyy :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks like you had a fun weekend and got some great stuff at Whole Foods. Love the Churchill quote!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your hair! Cute pic of you and your husband. And that pita looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  30. awww sounds like an awesome time :) yay for oikos!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi, I love your munchings on nuts etc. You and your husband look so good. I green with envy. I hope you'll pop by my blog (forally helens journey)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yup, weekends are never even CLOSE to being long enough!!

    I love that your hubby is your best friend. I want to be able to say that very same thing some day!! : )

    Oh and I haven't read to many Karen Kingsbury books. She has sooooo many I don't think I'll ever be able to catch up. I think my Mom's read most of them though. I love mysteries, romance stuff just depresses this single chick. LOL I just picked up some by Mindy Starns Clark called "a smart chick mystery" she's a fun author!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You two are such a cute couple!! I love it that you two are best friends as well :) I think of my husband that way (most of the time, haha!).

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh wow! I am going to see how far KC Juice is from my aunts house because we are going there this summer! :D

    That pita looks so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  35. You and your hubby are so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  36. i ALWAYS overstuff :) that smoothie sounds fabulous, and yes, the weekend is always too short!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. A small whole foods is better than no whole foods! I'm jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  38. You guys look so cute!

    I love checking out new stores, you found some good things. I love rice milk, I hope you guys do to.

    Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh I like Greek yogurt, though I haven't tried that brand yet. You look really adorable together.
    Cheers,
    elra

    ReplyDelete
  40. You two are too cute!

    Good luck with the yogurt- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Glad you had such a great weekend lesley! You and your husband are such a cute couple! God is so good for giving us such wonderful hubbies!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Can't wait for the next post, your blog is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Sounds like a great weekend. You and your husband are a cute pair!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I got the same coupons! I made a cucumber/raddish salad with plain yogurt. Will be posting soon.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Girl, that's your hair when it's "messy?" I'm in awe... :-) You and your husband are so beautiful together! :-)

    Mmmm, the smoothies sound fabulous! and I love Ezekiel bread - yay for sprouted grain breads! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  46. AAAAH I live for the weekends. Especially when I can go have an adventure with my boyfriend - he's my best friend too! Looks like KC is fun - they have a rockin smoothie shop working in their favor, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections