Saturday, April 18, 2009

Buitoni & 8 Things

Hello friends, family, fellow bloggers, and anyone in between! (except you don't have to be an in between unless you don't want to be my friend;) and HAPPY SATURDAY! : )

I just finished doing some TaeBo and jogging and finished up with my breakfast of old fashioned oats and eggs.

Last night was exciting because I came home to a box from foodbuzz and here is what was inside: Buitoni's all natural Wild Mushroom Agnolotti. And can I just start off by saying WOW, these were SO good! First off, I am a complete mushroom lover and these were definitely a big hit for my husband and I. The mushroom taste was so rich and wonderful! My wonderful husband prepared our delicious dinner using our Buitoni's ravioli. We ate it with wonderful tomato sauce, fresh veggies, and ground turkey meat. (The ravioli is on bottom in this picture ... here's another of it all mixed together)
Thanks foodbuzz and Buitoni!!!

Next up, Steph from Advertures of Jon & Steph tagged me in the List of 8s that's going around. I haven't done anything like this in awhile so it sounded kinda fun ... here goes! (Check out Steph's blog if you haven't. Her and her husband Jon are living in Germany right now and they're always going on sweet sounding hikes and taking awesome pictures!)

8 Things I'm looking forward to:

-Going to KC a little later today
-My future
-Summer weather
-Summer fruits & veggies
-Meeting up with my sister and mom on a weekend
-Getting more toned & pushing myself harder
-Eating (it's about lunch time;)
-Some near future product reviews

8 Things I Did Yesterday:

-Worked
-Made some cold green tea (mmm! I've been having hot tea all winter and it was so nice outside yesterday that it inspired me to have my tea cold : )
-Went on a walk with my husband down by the river
-Ate really good ravioli from Butioni
-Typed a lot
-Watched my husband trying to train our dog Rocky ... ha (he did a good job; )
-Enjoyed the nicer weather
-Watched a movie

8 Things I Wish I Could Do/Want to Do:


-Work at home and get more done with my day
-Love people more and not judge
-Toughen up and have thicker skin
-Go to New York again (only been there once and I loved it)
-Travel and experience more culture
-Have more time in a day so I could experiment and cook/bake more
-Workout harder than I currently can
-See and hang out with my sister more (and the rest of my family, including you, Mom ... don't worry, I'm not trying to leave you out ; )

The next one is 8 Shows I Watch buuuut we don't have cable so we never watch TV so I'll skip this one. We watch movies a lot but I don't feel like thinking of 8 movies we like, so that's all : )

And I tag whoever wants to do this but just for kicks & giggles here are 8 actual people I'll randomly tag from my google reader:

-Mica from Mica Pie
-Olga from Mango & Tomato
-Elizabeth from The Long Weigh
-Laura from The Threshold of Greatness
-Jasmine from Sweet and Fit
-Andrea from The BOULDer Bite
-Sunny from That Extra 20 Pounds
-Lauren from Say What You Need To Say

Well, Erik and I are off to Kansas City this afternoon and I'm very excited! One of our first stops will be to KC Juice (I'll tell more about it later : )

And also a note to end on ... I plan on incorporating more fitness into my blog so you can be expecting that. (I know, you're all SO excited, right?? ; )

Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend!!!!

"It matters not what you are thought to be, but what you are"
-Publilius Syrus-

30 comments:

  1. I'm a fellow mushroom lover as well and those sound fantastic! Have fun in KC :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received these ravioli too, can't wait to try them out!
    fun 8 things! I'd skip the TV show part too! :)
    have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liked reading your 8 things!! That ravioli looks good, though I don't know that I'm that crazy about mushrooms... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that looks soooo delicious!
    And great list of things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun 8 things! I love pasta, we make our own...our whole wheat ravioli is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Les! I love Pasta! and I love Mushrooms!!!!
    I love the way you eat!!!

    I had BBQ Quorn Cutlet today with Lotsa Salad and some Fresh Fruit Salad and it was YUM! My Twin and her Hubby came over and I Figured Why NOT I opened My anniversary Godiva Truffles.. BETTER if I share them, RIGHT? I had a Dark Chocolate Raspberry One.. OMGosh so Good.. I share.. so delish, and the Box is back on the high shelf!

    Have a Great Weekend!
    Leslie
    LeslieVeg@msn.com
    http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tag, lady! I want to go to NYC again too. It's the best city in the world, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a big mushroom lover too, hubby is not! So I usually just make them for myself. That dinner looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love pastaaaa!!

    and your new picture. too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lesley-

    I just realized my Google Reader is not picking up your posts...I wondered why I hadn't seen a post from you in a while!!!

    I just fixed it though and am off to catch up on your awesome blog! I love the 8 things info, so much fun!! I wish I could toughen up and have a thicker skin as well, sometimes I can be WAY too sensitive....

    ReplyDelete
  11. my mission now: FIND THAT BUTIONI ravioli!
    loved your 8 things! you and I are pretty alike in the stuff we wanna do, esp the NY visit and the traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to try these! I have them on my list for later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've just received those ravioli too and they will be eaten on a busy weekday next week :) They sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AH thanks lesley!
    Unfortunately I have been out of blogging commission for awhile. Hope things are going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OW! The pasta looks awesome! I love adding veggies to pasta dishes- really gives them that extra yum factor! Have so much fun today :

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum! I would love to try that pasta now, I just loveee mushrooms too!

    And I've only been to NY once as well, but I cannot wait to eventually go back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the 8 things idea! And having thicker skin is DEFinitely something I wish I could do, too. Hope you had fun in KC!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun 8 things! The ravioli looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hooray for mushrooms!! YUM!

    I loved your list of 8 things! I always need to work on the thicker skin process too... :-) It's a challenging task!

    Can't wait to hear about the KC journey! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whoa... how nice to receive something from foodbuzz!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That ravioli looks great and I dont even like mushrooms! You make it look good! :)

    I love reading peoples tags like this. I'm so looking forward to summer weather too! Thanks for tagging me.. I will post mine tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I received a package of that pasta, too! I can't wait to test it out, although it will be another week or so until I can get to it - if I can wait that long! Your dish looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. buitoni looks amazing!
    are you from around kc?
    i just found out i will be in st. louis next year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Haven't seen that pasta yet, but will definitely be on the lookout for it - love mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  25. mmmmm pasta! i love mushrooms too!how delish!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've never tried cold green tea- what a great idea! I'll have to try that out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Lesley, I just found your site and love it so far. You and your Husband are adorable together and you look like you have such a nice relationship! I am getting married this summer! I love the couple of wedding photos that you have posted!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections