Saturday, April 11, 2009

"Earth's saddest day and gladdest day were just three days apart!" -- Susan Coolidge

Happy Easter Weekend!!

So I know the last time I blogged was only three days ago, but it feels like it's been forever and today I've been missing it and thought, I better blog!

This morning I woke up and did about 20 minutes of TaeBo and then felt like jogging so I jumped on the treadmill while the TaeBo was still playing and ran for almost 20 minutes. It felt good to mix it up! I've been in a walking-on-incline-on-the-treadmill-for-my-cardio rut and I was no longer enjoying it. I find that I like to switch it up because if I do the same thing over and over it just becomes a job and I don't want that! Needless to say, I enjoyed myself this morning and felt great! How often do you change your cardio workout?

Random event of the week:
So, as many of you have also been saying, the weather can't seem to decide if it wants to be nice or if it wants to rain and snow. So one day this week when it was snowing/raining, we were about to leave to go somewhere but my bald husband (equals cold head) couldn't find his hat anywhere. I got my coat on, grabbed my purse, etc and I turn around and this is what I see: Haha. I said, "Erik, you're gonna waste a bunch of paper towels". He responded oh so innocently, "No, I'm not". Needless to say, he found his hat and the paper towels were later put to good use.

Random Recent Meal:Chicken breasts baked with salsa, Parmesan cheese, Mrs. Dash's Garlic & Herb, and pepper served with freshly steamed cauliflower & asparagus with a regular light Laughing Cow Wedge mixed in, and brown rice.

Random Food Product I tried:

Okay, so I'm sorry to those who love these and rave over them, buuuut I tried Shirataki noodles and did not care for them much! I'll start out by saying I don't usually eat any tofo/soy just because I'm leery about it, but in the grocery store one day I thought ... why not? So, yesterday I tried them. The first part I didn't like was the smell when I opened the bag and was rinsing them. Yuck. But I thought ... I can get past this. So, I followed the directions and chose to microwave them and here's what I came up with: I ate them with tuna, veggies, some no salt added tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese and seasonings. While it wasn't so bad that I didn't eat it, I really did not like the texture. I felt like it these noodles were more difficult to break apart, to chew apart than what I'm used to ... almost more rubbery, I guess you could say. Maybe I did something wrong but either way, I probably won't be getting these again anytime soon. So you Shirataki lovers, did I do something wrong or are they just not for me? haha.

Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful, joy-filled Easter!!! : )

"It is finished."
-Jesus Christ-

"'Christ the Lord is risen to-day,' Sons of men and angels say. Raise your joys and triumphs high; Sing, ye heavens, and earth reply."
-- Charles Wesley--

30 comments:

  1. Sorry I doh't believd in what I can't see

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha, your husband has the best Easter bonnet of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the noodles, so I don't know what to tell you. I microwave them according to the package directions too, so you probably just don't care for them. No big deal. They're expensive anyway. :)

    Enjoy your Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA!! Love the hat ;-)


    Wishing you a very blessed Easter, Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been able to find those noodles so I'm not sure. Love the hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you didn't like the noodles! I still have yet to try them so no tips from me!! Have a great Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter! Your hubby and the hat are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely switch my cardio workout. I like to do intervals, like 3 min jog 1 min sprints stuff of things, that keep me entertained! :)
    sorry that you didn't like shirataki noodles... I don't know if you did anything wrong, but I don't heat it in microwave, just directly to the sauce. And also depends on the type that you get, the best one is the thinnest noodle, because it absorbs more taste/flavor of the sauce. But maybe you just don't like it, and it's totally fine! :)
    have a nice evening! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am embarassed to say that I rarely change up my workout :\ I know thats probably not the best for me.

    Sorry to hear you didn't like the tofu noodles! oh well they are kind of slimy! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Easter to you! I love thinking about how wonderful this holiday is and how grateful I am for my faith and the gift of life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha, totally love it!
    And those noodles look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have said the same thing about wasting paper towels lol I try to juggle cardio between the elliptical and treadmill, and also mix up the intervals - sometimes 1 min sprint followed by 2 min recovery, or 3 min sprint, 3 min recovery, or I'll play with the intensity or incline. I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can get out and run or ride my bike! Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahaha awwww lesley your hubby is so cute! and i think those shirataki noodles have a weird texture just in general...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amen! I had a great Easter as well.
    lol your husband is a funny guy. love that you guys have still these adorable kiddie moments!
    shirataki noodles just will never compare to real noddles, in my opinion. I guess you just have to really drown them with a flavorful sauce, which sort of defeat the purpose of eating the anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Easter! Sorry you didnt like the shirataki noodles - i find that you really need to dry them REALLY well.

    I switch up my work-out all the time - sometimes twice a week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hehe, what a hat :) i had the same feeling about the noodles... the smell is nasty, but i found if you rinse them REALLY well that helps. I dont' get them much anymore, though, i'm all for foods i enjoy ;-)

    happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahahahha I love the hat! Hope you guys enjoyed your Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've tried the noodles before and I can't really make up my mind about them. I do really love tofu, but these come no where close to the taste of firm tofu.

    I would say they aren't too bad, but I would so much rather sub spaghetti squash over the Shirataki anyday.

    I love the hubby's hat. What a goof!

    I hope you had a blessed Easter Lesley! Take care and talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. HAPPY EASTER beautiful!!! :)

    hehe love your hubs' hat, gotta love creativity! ;) And I definitely try to vary my cardio as much as I can, but it's hard as we don't have a gym membership or a gym or any home cardio equipment. Lately the weather has been gorgeous so I have been walking for a ton of errands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. lol: I can't imagine the words "I felt like jogging" ever coming from my mouth :)

    Hope you had a great holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha.. you gotta love bald husbands and their need for a good warm hat! I try to switch up my workouts now, but I use to do the same exact thing, every day. Now I love a little variety!

    I hope you had a fabulous Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hahaha... your husband hat looks so cute!

    Happy Easter, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I need to switch up my cardio more than I do! I don't really ever get tired of running (which is weird) but I have tried to add swimming and biking into the mix - great for cross-training, too!

    I love the hat! Goofy guys are the best. :-)

    Hope you had a great Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh boo! im sorry you didnt like the shirataki. if you do decide to give them one more try, i would agree with making sure you rinse them well, micro for a little more than 1 minute for a slightly more tender noodle, and maybe try them in a different type of dish? stir fry maybe? i dont really think they taste like pasta but i love my pasta al dente so i like how these are a little crunchy. maybe you just dont like the texture ?? pasta is definitely better but i do love those 40 calories LOL

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice hat:) I try to mix up my workouts so I don't get bored,or at least my ITunes:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lesley, I had high hopes for those noodles. I thought OMG, its like eating a ton of pasta for no calories. But just like you the smell was weird, the texture was super gross, I threw the whole thing out! I guess if it sounds too good to be true it probably is!

    Hope you had a great Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Easter!

    I love your husband's hat! :-)

    I'm the same way with cardio - I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who gets board with the same routine all the time! :-) I'd been doing tae bo as my primary cardio for the past 3 months or so, and just recently got to the point where I was ready for a change, so now I'm on a cycling phase... :-) I know I'll be going back to tae bo eventually, though - it's sooo invigorating!

    ReplyDelete
  28. you and your sister are too cute girl! I can definitely relate to the sisterly love. I am really close with my sisters too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yeah, the shirataki noodles are hit or miss sometimes, but I've tried them a number of ways and I think I've concluded that they work best with creamy sauces, like melting a Laughing Cow together with cottage cheese or similar. When I've had them with tomato-y sauces it's def. not as good. Try googling Hungry Girl-fredo. It's delish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections