Thursday, April 7, 2011

Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes, Random Things

It wouldn’t be the start of a blog post without a weather update … so I’m happy to report the 10 day forecast stays within at least the 60s and ranges up into the 80s … sounds good to me!

I felt like baking the other night, and chocolate sounded really good. Enter:

Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
A BAAA1 This recipe is definitely worth sharing! At least our taste buds think so, we ate these in no time.

Ingredients:
-- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
-- 1 cup Sucanat
-- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
-- 1 TB vanilla extract
-- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
-- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
-- 1 tsp baking soda
-- 3/4 tsp sea salt

Directions:
-- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.  Mix together milk, oil, sucanat, and vanilla.
-- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix together until smooth
-- Add batter to lined cupcake pan. Makes 12.
-- Bake for about 22 minutes

Chocolate berry icing:
For the icing on these cupcakes I mixed together:
-- 1/4 cup frozen organic cherries
-- 1/4 cup frozen organic raspberries
-- Generous squirt of agave nectar
-- 2 TB vegan chocolate chips
Place ingredients into microwave safe bowl, microwave until melted and can mix together, add on top of cupcakes when they come out of the oven, and let cool.
AAA12 BB And for good measure, I blended some raw cashews and placed the flakes on top for some added color and flavor.AA1 Seven Random Things

Heather from Health, Happiness & Hope awarded me with, and tagged me in The Versatile Blogger award. Thanks, Heather!

I haven’t done anything like this in awhile, so I decided it would be fun to include 7 random things about myself. Here goes: 

  1. I’m from a small town in southwest Nebraska.  No offense, as I had a lot of fun growing up, but now I like Kansas City much better.
  2. I love just about any TV police show, especially involving police dogs.  I’m pretty pumped about the new K9 police show coming to TLC!
  3. Growing up, I used to rollerblade ALL the time.  I never met a large hill I wouldn’t go down at full speed.
  4. I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat.  It doesn’t matter where I’m at, or what’s going on around me.  If I’m tired, I’ll fall asleep in just a few minutes.
  5. In person, I’m quite shy.
  6. I’ve never eaten lobster.
  7. Ever since I was little, at extremely random moments in time, I will sing the first part of the star-spangled banner for no apparent reason. But only around people I know really well … remember? I’m shy!

I hope everyone’s had a great week! Smile

image

What’s a random fact about you???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections