Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hot or cold?

I enjoyed hearing all your kitchen failures from my last post.  Okay, “enjoy” is probably not the best choice of words! Ha, but you know what I mean.  It’s nice to know we all have kitchen failures, and at least it makes us know what NOT to do, right?

Spicy Yam & Ground Bison Taco Salad

A couple weeks ago, I made spicy yam and turkey tacos, and we loved them!! Last night, I switched it up a little bit by using the same recipe in a salad version. (I used ground bison instead of turkey this time too).A I’ll admit, the reason I switched it up was because the Ezekiel tortillas I had were moldy.  Note to self: freeze all Ezekiel breads, lest they go moldy too quickly!

It was delicious as a taco salad though, so all was well!  I’ve even gotten brave and started to add 3 jalapeños to the recipe instead of just 2.B Breakfast with a cup of tea

We recently got a new loose leaf tea steeper, so I’ve been having fun with that.  There’s just something a lot more fun about loose leaf tea than tea bags.

And even though the weather is warming up, I just can’t seem to stop drinking hot tea in the mornings.BB Thus, this morning for breakfast I had a hot cup of tangerine ginger loose leaf tea, and two slices of Ezekiel raisin bread with peanut butter, bananas, and local honey.
BBB BBBB Mmm!C Fresh spring juice

If you can’t already tell by my recent posts, we’ve been drinking fresh juice like it’s our job, and loving it!CCCC I’ve found my favorite combo is:

  • 4-6 carrots
  • 1 apple
  • 1 lemon (or lime). 

So refreshing, and so delicious! I highly recommend this!
CC D

image_thumb

Do you enjoy drinking hot tea/coffee when the weather gets warmer, or do you make the switch to iced??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections