Thursday, April 21, 2011

Arcade Fire, Enchiladas, & Homemade fro-yo

I can’t believe the weekend is about here already! [But I’m not complaining].

Erik’s brother was in town this past weekend until Wednesday, and I’ve been working like crazy so this week has gone by fast. It’s also made me a very inconsistent blogger! Not to worry though, I got back in the kitchen tonight and did some cooking, and baking. But first …

Arcade Fire219078_10150176556762993_521492992_6794405_7286902_o We went to an Arcade Fire concert with some friends on Wednesday night at Starlight Theatre here in KC, with The National as their opener. It was a really good concert!!

Spicy Beef & Sweet Potato EnchiladasAA I’ve come to absolutely love the combination of sweet potatoes and something spicy, like jalapeño or the tiniest bit of cayenne.  So tonight, instead of tacos, I decided to put a similar mixture into enchiladas.AAA1 We won’t mention the fact that I accidentally put an entire tablespoon of cinnamon in the pan instead of chili powder, and noticed right after it was too late.Thankfully, it didn’t completely ruin the dish, just almost! 

I don’t know how I do that.  I’ve been known to accidentally put chili powder in my morning oatmeal instead of cinnamon.  Go figure.

Flourless Double Chocolate CookiesBB Tonight’s dessert was flourless chocolate cookies.  Very easy to make, and pretty tasty too!

Ingredients:
-- 1/2 c shredded coconut
-- 1/2 c sucanat
-- 1/4 c cocoa powder
-- 1/4 tsp baking powder
-- 1/8 tsp baking soda
-- 1/2 tsp sea salt
-- 1/2 cup peanut butter (mixed half of this with dark chocolate peanut butter)
-- 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
-- 1 tsp vanilla extract
-- 1/2 c chocolate chips

Directions:
-- Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
-- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl, mix wet ingredients together into a smaller bowl, and combine.
-- Bake for about 15 minutes on parchment lined cookies sheets.  Note: these cookies spread out a ton when baking, so leave plenty of room in between cookies!
AAAA BBB Just the other day, Erik and I decided to order an electric ice cream maker.  It recently arrived, and I was excited to try it out! I went with frozen yogurt with for the first try.  The mixture simply consisted of low fat greek yogurt, 2% milk, cane sugar, and some vanilla extract.

All I have to say is, I think this baby is going to get used A LOT!DDD It wasn’t planned, but I quickly realized these cookies I had just made would go very well with the fro yo. 

I was right, delish!!E You’ll be seeing a lot more homemade ice cream and fro yo around hereWinking smile

What’s your favorite kind of ice cream??

image_thumb15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections