Friday, April 15, 2011

Grass in my kitchen

Happy Weekend!

It’s wet and gloomy in Kansas City, but I’m thankful for the weekend! Erik and I are going to do an Originally Organic Vending sampling at one of the YMCA locations this Saturday.  We did one back in January at a different Y, and it went really well. I’m sure I’ll be posting how it went later on this weekend.

Grass in my kitchenA There’s currently grass growing in my kitchen … wheatgrass, that is, ha.  Erik ordered a wheatgrass kit, and it’s fun to see it grow! We’re planning on using the wheatgrass to juice with.AAAHere are some of the many health benefits of incorporating wheatgrass into one’s diet:

  • Boosts the immune and nervous systems.
  • Improves digestion and metabolism.
  • Contains antioxidants that repair damaged cells and rejuvenate aging cells.
  • It’s an excellent skin cleanser
  • Reduces high blood pressure.

While I don’t believe in any one cure-all miracle foods, I do definitely believe in “superfoods” that can greatly benefit overall health, and wheatgrass is certainly one of them!AA Random Assortments

There’s a little bit of a gap in-between posts this time around  because truth be told, I didn’t have much of anything exciting to share! I haven’t made many new blog-worthy recipes, and I’m sure you’re sick of seeing cupcakes by now!

Thus, here’s a couple quick meals I’ve eaten lately, one thrown together, one purchased at a health foods market.B First up ... this is what I call ‘What-to-eat-when-you-have-no-food-in-the-house’. It consisted of black quinoa, pinto beans, and a few veggies seasoned with olive oil, red wine vinegar, sea salt, pepper, and garlic & herb.BB And the final random dish is simply called “What-you-get-to-eat-when-you-have-a-nice-husband-who-brings-you-foodBBB When you combine grilled mushrooms and caramelized onions, it’d be pretty hard to mess up!C I’m thinking this would be a good start for a recreation in my own kitchen Open-mouthed smileBBBB And that’s about all the randomness I have for now.  What’s on tap for your weekend??

image_thumb_thumb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections