Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sweet potato time

What awesome weather we’re having this weekend!  It feels like summer, and I love it!

Addicted to Cupcakes

Apparently, I’ve become addicted to making cupcakes, because these are what our weekend started out with:
A1A
More chocolate cupcakes! After eating the vegan chocolate cupcakes, it made us hungry for chocolate sour cream cupcakes.  While the vegan cupcakes were really good, I think our heart still lies with these sour cream cupcakes.  They’re so moist, and so decadent!
But, hey, they’re chocolate cupcakes … I suggest making either variationWinking smileAA Sweet Potato Time

I’ve been craving sweet potatoes lately! I told that to Erik the other night, and he cooked this for dinner:AA1 
It was delicious! It included: black quinoa, black beans, celery, onions, and sweet potatoes topped with cheese. 

The dish was sweet in just the right ways with the caramelized onions and addition of agave nectar to the dish.AAA Blue Bird Bistro

Friday night, Erik’s dad, Erik and I ate at Blue Bird … one of our regular local KC favorites!
AA AAA I munched on some hummus and cold soup with Erik before our entrée. I don’t even know what all was in the soup, but it had a carrot/nutmeg flavor to it.

And for my entrée, I opted for a stuffed sweet potato.  See?  I told you I’ve been craving sweet potatoes! The roasted veggies on top hit the spot!A We’ve had a great weekend thus far which has consisted of enjoying the outdoors and eating delicious food.  More to come on that later.

What have you been up to this weekend??

image_thumb2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections