Friday, March 18, 2011

Westside Birthday

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes today … Emails, tweets, Facebook, etcetera!!!
I definitely felt the love!!
Smile

Perfect Birthday Morning

I woke up this morning (one hour after my alarm went off … whoops!), and found a wonderful birthday card from my husband laying on my computer desk.  Great way to start a birthday!! I then jumped on the treadmill, worked for awhile, and decided since it was my birthday I’d make a fun breakfast.AAAPancakes!

I learned this morning that, at least for me, after two failed attempts, it’s virtually impossible to make pancakes in a stainless steel pan, ha. If anyone has a secret trick, I’m all ears!

Here’s how I made them:

Ingredients:
-- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
-- 2 tbsp ground flax
-- 1 tbsp raw cane sugar
-- 1 tsp sea salt
-- 1 tsp cinnamon
-- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
-- 3 tbsp vanilla greek yogurt
-- 2 cups milk of choice
-- 1 cup rolled oats

Directions:
-- Blend oats in coffee grinder or blender so they’re broken up a little
-- Mix together dry ingredients in bowl, and wet ingredients in another then mix two bowls together
-- Cook pancakes on low to medium heat, serve with toppings of choice, and enjoy!AA1
I topped mine with a melted chocolate + raspberry mixture. 

Raspberry chocolate glaze: Microwave dark chocolate chips together with frozen raspberries and a splash of milk on 50% power for 35 seconds … delish!

Birthday Lunch

Guess what a large component of my birthday lunch was??? I just couldn’t help it!

BBBThey were as good as ever! Smile

Birthday Dinner

For dinner, Erik and I went out with Erik’s dad to Westside Local, which is quickly becoming one of our favorite KC restaurants.

I went with the quinoa dish:
AAErik’s dad went with salmon:AAAAnd Erik stuck to our favorite, the summit burger.  It never, ever disappoints:AAAAThe food at Westside Local is always very, very good, and tonight was no exception. (Though I must say, I think the chef was favoring salt this evening, ha).

Overall, a wonderful birthday! Thanks again, everyone, for making it so great!BI think Erik and I are going to go on a birthday date tomorrow, so the fun continuesWinking smile

I’m also going to be baking bagels tomorrow! It’s been awhile since I’ve made them and I’m quite excited about it.

What are you plans for the weekend??

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections