Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ceramic knives, Chobani breakfast & Nature’s Pride

Hiiii, hope your week has been great!

My condolences to those of you who may currently be experiencing springtime snow.  I’m hoping the lovely white stuff decides to skip Kansas City until next year! We’ve had enough, I promise.

Chobani BreakfastAIt had been awhile since I’d had a nice big bowl of Greek yogurt, and as of late I’m addicted to bananas … thus a perfect breakfast combination was formed.

In the mix: Chobani vanilla Greek yogurt, 1 sliced banana, a spoonful of chocolate peanut butter, granola, and a little agave. Delicious!AANature’s Pride

As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker’s Program, I received this loaf of bread in the mail to try out:AAAI hadn’t ever tried Nature’s Pride bread, though I always see it in groceries stores and people seem to like it.  I’m bad at branching out … you know me, I’m still stuck on Rudi’s spelt bread.

While my heart is staying with Rudi, I was very happy with this bread. It’s softer and more bendable than what I’m used to so it’s nice to mix it up a little bit.AAAABecause of it’s softness, it went really well as a tuna sandwich.  I always toast my bread too, just makes it that much better! 

Conclusion: this bread would make a good addition to any healthy lunch! B BB
Ceramic Knives

For whatever reason, I never got around to blogging about this, but we love these so better late than never. 

We had been eying Kyocera’s ceramic knives for awhile, and for Christmas my parents got us a set of two.  The blades come in white and black.  We opted for black.B1Facts about ceramic knives:

-- They’re ideal for straight cuts of fruits, vegetables, and boneless meats
-- Ceramic knives retain their original sharpness more than 10 times longer than steel knives
-- The only thing harder than the ceramic material used to make these is diamond (they’re really sharp!)
-- They are very lightweight, so cutting is made easier
-- Ceramic knives are chemically inert.  This means they won’t give food a metallic smell/taste or brown your food as some steel knives will.  The surface will also resist germs, making for a very easy clean

AA1 AAAA1AAQW
We really love our ceramic knives, and they come highly recommended from the Lesley Lifting Life kitchen!

What kind of knives do you use?

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections