Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bagel Time

Okay, so it’s about that time of year where I talk about the weather in excitement so much that I start to feel like a weather woman, ha. 

That being said … the last two days have been almost 80 degrees!! I love it so much I can hardly stand it.  My office windows have wide open letting the nice breeze blow in … perfect!!

Waffle Time

Sunday morning’s breakfast was quick … a frozen Van’s waffle with bananas, some melted chocolate peanut butter, and some agave.A22Check out that melted goodness!
AAA1 AA1
Lunch Time

After church, I decided on a tuna salad, as there was only enough taco leftovers for one of us.

In the mix:
-- 1 can tuna, rinsed
-- 3/4’ish cup wild rice (I happened to have some cooked in the fridge)
-- 1 laughing cow cheese wedge (mixed in with the tuna pre salad)
-- Walnuts
-- Feta cheese
-- pepper
-- Mrs. Dash garlic & herb seasoning
-- Lettuce mix
-- Vinegar & oil for dressing
AAAANot the greatest salad I’ve ever had, but certainly not the worst, ha.

Bagel Time

And then, it was bagel time, which was also Operation Motivation’s baked good of the week (week three). I used to make bagels back before Lesley Lifting Life’s existence, and decided to make a go at it again. 

I put on my Alexia All Natural apron and got to work. (Gotta represent my favorite sweet potato fries and all, haha).A11The bagel recipe is Authentic New York-Style Homemade Bagels Recipe from cdkitchen.com, so if you want to take a stab at them … there you go!

I believe the secret is boiling them for 45 seconds in the malt syrup water before baking them. It helps give them the right texture.BBBB1Thoughts: Overall success, though I need to work on these a bit, as they didn’t come out as good as I wanted them to. Having not made from for at least 2 years, though, they weren’t too bad.

Next time, I will make the holes a lot smaller too. CAnd now the finished product:C2I topped a few with poppy seed, a few with sesame seed, and a few with “everything”,  aka poppy, sesame, and caraway seeds.CCCC1DD1 DDD1
The sad part is, I didn’t think to get any cream cheese, and a bagel just isn’t a bagel with anything else. Next time … ha.

And that’s it for me! I’m currently taking suggestions for healthy(er) cupcake recipes, so if anyone has any recipes I can’t live without, do share!

image

What do you like to eat bagels with??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections