Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pick-me-up

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

Truth be told, I never really cared much about St. Patrick’s Day because I was distracted by my birthday the next day, ha. 

I thought about making Irish soda bread this year to be festive, but I’ve decided on something else for my baked good of the week that I just can’t help but make instead.  You’ll see more on that later in the week.

Breakfast
A AA
Yesterday’s breakfast was nothing to write home about, but it tasted good none the less. 1 egg + 2 egg whites, Laughing Cow cheese wedge, and some toast with pomegranate jelly.

Izze

Can you tell I like Izze? Haha.  Having a fun drink in the afternoon helps me get through the lull and motivates me to continue working. Gotta love those random, little, but oh-so-helpful motivators!AAAOne thing I love about working at home is just being able to go to the kitchen, grab a glass of ice and an Izze, snap a picture on my desk, and keep working …

If you’ve never tried an Izze drink, grapefruit is a good flavor to start out with.  One of my all time favorites!
AAAA B
And for dinner, we had organic ground chicken “browned” with onions, garlic, turmeric, sea salt, peas, garbanzo beans, and cauliflower over top freshly cooked wild rice.AIt was quick, easy, and healthy but it definitely needed some cheese to flavor it!AASpring is in the Air!imageSeeing how the above is the St. Patty’s Day temperature high for tomorrow here in Kansas City, I feel as though I can finally say Spring is in the air!!
A very nice early birthday present
Winking smile

What’s your go-to afternoon pick-me-up?

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections