Thursday, March 3, 2011

Laughing Cow two ways.

Hello!

So I keep forgetting to mention this, but in case you hadn’t noticed already (see this pizza), Erik and I have been eating meat since we moved to KC.  If you will remember, we had been eating a vegetarian diet since September ‘10.  It started out mostly for fun, and didn’t think it would last forever, and sure enough … it hasn’t!

We do eat a lot less meat now, and have learned there are many ways to enjoy meat free meals.  And now that we’re in Kansas City, it’s much easier to get ahold of grass fed/organic meats. 
Just wanted to clear any confusion in future carnivorous pictures found on Lesley Lifting Life Winking smile

Breakfast

Yesterday, the theme of the day seemed to be Laughing Cow cheese.  First off, in breakfast.AAI decided on an egg sandwich + Laughing Cow cheese wedge combo.  This has longtime been a favorite of mine.  Here was the mix:

-- 2 eggs, beaten and cooked on a skillet with coconut oil, seasoned with pepper
-- 2 toasted pieces of bread (I used Rudy’s Spelt bread, my current all-time favorite)
-- 1 Light Original laughing cow cheese wedge, spread onto toasted bread
-- Ketchup, as needed

Eaten alongside a grapefruit with some hot chai tea = breakfast perfection!AAAAfternoon Lull

I accidentally slept in yesterday (forgetting to turn your phone off silent will cause that to happen from time to time), which threw me off a bit.  By last morning/afternoon, I was suffering from a tired lull, ha.

Izze came to my rescue.  It always does. 

Clementine is one of my favorite flavors, and what I love about Izze is that there are not added sugars, it’s simply sweetened with fruit.AAAANote to self: Pay attention to where you’re pouring when you’re trying to take a picture and pour at the same time.  As you can see below, I failed.BLunch

Apparently, I didn’t get enough Laughing Cow, or Rudy’s bread at breakfast because come lunch time, I had some more! This time … with tuna.AMy tuna sandwich mix:

-- 2 pieces toasted bread (we like our bread toasted around here, ha)
-- 1 can tuna, rinsed and seasoned with lots of pepper
-- 1 Laughing Cow cheese wedge mixed in with tuna
-- Chopped baby tomatoes mixed in with tuna/Laughing Cow mixture
(this is unpictured … I didn’t have any, but for optimal tuna sandwich experience, they are needed, trust me)
-- 1 slice pepper jack cheese for kick (optional)

I found my sandwich was a little dry, so I added some ketchup.  I blame this on the lack of cherry tomatoes.AAAnd that’s a wrap!

If you like them, what’s your favorite way to eat Laughing Cow cheese wedges??

[image[2].png]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections