Saturday, March 12, 2011

Open windows

Happy Weekend!

Our weekend is off to a good start as my parents are going to be in town, and the weather looks promising.  Yesterday I even got to open my windows while I worked.  I love it when I can smell the spring air!

Quick & Easy Pasta DinnerAFriday night’s dinner consisted of our longtime “go-to” easy meal.  It comes in many different forms, and changes a little each time depending on what’s on hand, but the general concept is pretty simple:

Ingredients:
-- Chopped vegetables of choice (just make sure to include onion as one of them!)
-- Olive oil
-- Pepper & sea salt (as desired)
-- Vegetable bouillon cube
-- Canned beans of choice
-- Cheese

Throw it all together:
-- Sautee veggies in olive oil
-- Add water + bouillon cube + pepper + sea salt
-- Cook pasta according to package instructions
-- Add desired amount of beans to veggie mixture a few minutes before pasta is done
-- Drain pasta, add desired amounts of cooked pasta and veggies into a bowl
-- Add cheese, stir, and eat.
 AAThe mix tonight was one small onion, Brussels sprouts, kidney beans, and Penne pasta.  Easy, quick, and satisfying!

Baked good of the weekAAThis week I simply went with a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie for my baked good recipe of the week. Could have been better. I’ll wait until I have a better cookie recipe to share it.
AAA B
And for my new “regular” recipe of the week I went with lasagna.  Sounds pretty plain, but believe it or not, I’ve never made regular lasagna, only zucchini lasagna. 

Pre-oven:AEither way, we thought it turned out pretty good (fresh basil + fresh mozzarella … how could it NOT taste good?)

Last but not least

I don’t really “get” (aka understand) sparkling mineral water, but none the least, we found ourselves purchasing some Pelligrino the other day.  I decided it’s fun to drink when I’m working … somehow, it makes my day more exciting, ha.AA(But it won’t be replacing Izze’s place in my life!) Winking smile

That’s all for me!

What are you looking forward to this weekend??

image

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections