Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Guess the recipe revealed & VegKC meetup: FUD edition

Okay, so I think it’s official.  I’m ready for fall.  More like the beginning of fall.  Basically, I’d love for it to be something other than extremely hot or extremely cold.  That’s not too much to ask for in the Midwest, is it? HA. 

I digress.

Recipe Revealed

Nice job, Judy, who guessed the recipe correctly!!

Ice Cream

It was ICE CREAM! More specifically, cashew ice cream with a twist. 

Now, I’ve been making a lot of cashew ice cream these days and I must say,  only after multiple taste testers’ scrutiny, this is without a doubt the best cashew ice cream thus far.

*makes a decent amount, if you don’t want very much, half the recipe

Cashew Ice Cream with a Twist

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups raw cashews
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 cup agave nectar
  • 4 tbsp. coconut oil (melted, if hard)
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 cup almond butter (any other nut butter of choice works too)
  • 1/4 tsp. sea salt

Instructions:

  • Blend together cashews & water until smooth.
  • Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
  • Place in ice cream maker and let it stir until thickened. 

Optional: If you don’t have an ice cream maker, simply place the blended mixture in the freezer to harden, stirring occasionally

In case you were wondering, the “twist” is nut  butter … it really takes this over the top, I promise! Yum!!

Ice cream 1

VegKC Meetup at FUD

Next up, we went to the VegKC meetup group at FUD this Wednesday night.  As if you haven’t seen enough pictures of FUD on my blog yet, here are some more!!

Per usual, a red cooler was mandatory.

FUD meetup 7

Lately, my absolute favorite FUD item is the Rainbow Taco.  It’s always delicious!

FUD meetup 9

The group {or at least part of it}:

FUD meetup 2

Beringia, who was sitting next to me, offered me a photo of her nachos. Love it! I don’t ever turn down a food picture opportunity, especially when it looks like this!

 fud meetup 3 3Thanks, BeringiaWinking smile

Erik went with another one of our favorite FUD meals, the rainbow wrap with their wild mild “meat”. You just can’t go wrong with it. Ever.

FUD meetup 5

FUD meetup 1

FUD meetup 6

It was a great night at FUD with the VegKC group! Glad to be apart of it.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections