Monday, August 29, 2011

Food Now 2011: Dinner

Back with some more foodNow!

Missed Part I? Food Now: Pre dinner

Moving right along to dinner!! First off, the tables were decorated so beautifully and elegant. I loved the white chairs and tablecloths up next to the awesome cobblestone and bridge overhead. It’s not every day you get to eat outside under a beautiful bridge, you know!

A sample of some of the table centerpieces that I loved:

Food Now 1Food Now 10Food Now 11Food Now 9Food Noww

Each table seated 8 and as you can see below, there were a lot of tables. I wasn’t there last year to compare, but it seemed to me there was a really good turnout!

Food Now 12Food Now 21Food Now 20

Participating farmers in this wonderful event were:

(I included the list of local chefs and restaurants in foodNow Part I)

Food Now 18

During dinner there was a live auction to further support the local beneficiaries.

Food Now 16

Dinner Menu

Erik and I requested the vegan version of the night’s three course dinner and it was delicious!

Food Now 42

First Course:

“Roasted beets and pickled carrots with petite greens”

Food Now Food 1

Second course:

I don’t have the full description for this dish, but it was really good as well. It tasted like some type of zucchini very thinly sliced mixed with dark sautéed leafy greens, seasonings and more. I’m not sure what else was in the mixture!

Food Now Food 4

And dessert was:

“Vegan chocolate tart made with creamy organic chocolate ganache infused with organic bronze fennel on a gluten free pecan crust” Yum!

Food Now Food 5

We had a great time meeting and talking with all the wonderful people who we were sitting next to!

Food Now Food 2Food Now Food 8

FoodNow was such a wonderful event! We already can’t wait to go again next year!  For more pictures, visit my Facebook page and look under the Food Now album.
It was definitely a place “where the art of real food grows”
Winking smile

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections